Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NEED HELP WITH AUDIO AMP TO TENS ELECTRODES

Status
Not open for further replies.

acdigital

Hello Dear Friends, I need to know dos and do not about my idea. My knowledge with electronics is near Zero but I am doing at DIY projects.

I have a software that generates healing frequencies from 20Hz to 20Khz out of my audio interface, now I need to connect the output signal to tens electrodes to potentially to pass the frequencies to the body. Between this two (audio interface output and the tens electrodes) I need and amplifier.

Here my first thoughts that could make sense or not:

Note: Tens Machines are for pulse muscle stimulation

1. Connect the audio interface output to a 4 channel headphone amp about (10W output max) with individual volume control to the electrodes and stick the electrodes to the skin
2. Connect the audio interlace output to a speaker output of a regular amplifier about 30W, I am not sure the skin will support the speaker output voltage, it could be harmful

BUILDING A AUDIO DEVICE SPECIFIC:

1. Build a device with one or more mono amp(s) boards kind of the attached one found on AliExpress that delivers from 10W to 30W (I GUESS) (photos attached) 6 to 12V POWER and max 3A OUTPUT
2. I need a potentiometer to control IN and/or OUT? which kind? which value? where to connect it?
3. Do I need IN and/or Filters?
4. How to ground the amp inside an aluminum or plastic enclosure?
5. How to feed one or more amps with 6 to 12V converted from a 110V/220V outlet? Does it need to be 3pin or 2pin electric cord?
6. Maybe just a disassembled headphones could be used to carry the frequencies to the tens pad?
7. Last photo is a technical specs of a Tens machine

Maybe audio an amplifier is not the answer and I need your help and guidance.

Kindly,
Paulo

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 11.10.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 11.10.31 AM.png
    194.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 11.10.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 11.10.20 AM.png
    327.1 KB · Views: 128
  • mono-amp-schematic.jpg
    mono-amp-schematic.jpg
    826.2 KB · Views: 115
  • tens-electrodes-on-skin.jpg
    tens-electrodes-on-skin.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 112
  • tens-electrodes-on-skin2.jpg
    tens-electrodes-on-skin2.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 107
  • Technical-output-specifications-of-a-standard-TENS-device.png
    Technical-output-specifications-of-a-standard-TENS-device.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
In the interests of caution, I am locking this thread.

Passing electric currents through the body is not a thing to be done by someone whose
knowledge with electronics is near Zero

Also I guess that detailed medical knowledge would be required.
Do you have this?

JimB
One of the ETO moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back