Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

op-amp integrator problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aminhosseiny

I made this op-amp integrator to have sharp edges triangular pulse in out out but this gives me something corrupted. Please help me to resolve my problem. The capacitor is not necessary so we could easily ignore it.

madar-png.91029

madar2-png.91030

Welcome to ETO!
The capacitor is not necessary
C2 is very necessary. Without it you don't have an integrator!
U1a is clipping the waveform. Try a smaller amplitude input square-wave.

I can see them.

What are the op amp supply voltages?
You need both a plus and minus supply for that circuit to work.

First, read these forum postings:

Things to note about my posted integrator circuit:
1. R1 is absolutely necessary to limit the current into the capacitor. You left it out. This allows use of a much smaller capacitor.
2. U1 requires split supplies.
3. R2/C1 time constant is evident in start-up and the fact that the ramp is not linear.
4. R1/C1 time constant controls the peak amplitude of V(out) and determines if the opamp output runs into its own supply voltages.
5. I modeled a near-ideal, rail-to-rail output opamp; yours may not be that good.
6. Note that it inverts.

282.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back