Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noise Detection Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnelly

Hey, am new to the boards,
I have registered as i need help with my college project.
I have chosen to design and build a noise detection system.
This is my Brief ::
A noise level indicator is required which will detect environmental noise and produce a warning output when excessive noise levels are reached and breached.

The indicator must run off standard 230v 50Hz and have protection to prevent surges of electricity.
Sound levels will be measured in decibels and the output will be visual signs.
The Indicator must be built robustly with an indication of when it is live.
Suitable protection from certain environments must be provided.
A working product must be available by October 2005

-------
The project is based on the soundear2000, shown here: **broken link removed**

I am doing an offshore course therefore i have very little knowledge of electronics and do not know how to build this circuit.

Any help from you people would be great.

Many thanks in advance.

You could probably just amplify a signal, filter it an use a comparator to compare it to a set level. When it reaches that level it could set of some sort of alarm or just a relay for general use maybe...

P.S.: This is where you put finished projects, this should go into "Electronic Projects Design/Ideas/Reviews"!!

I just read it again... you need a sort of led bar dB indicator... like a VU meter;) look around the net youll find lots of stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back