Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with my project (PC PS powered omron timers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx Eric for your help. Its much appreciated. I will start getting all the necessary parts so I can start building the timer box. I will post some updates of the project as it goes along.

hi,
Dont not forget to fit fuses in the outputs of the PC psu 12V and very important a fuse in the positive battery connection.
Say 10Amp slow blow fuses

I find the 'in line fuse holders' are easy to install

hey Eric, I got all the parts necessary except the capacitor. Can you please let me know how powerful a capacitor I should get? Thanks :)

hey Eric, I got all the parts necessary except the capacitor. Can you please let me know how powerful a capacitor I should get? Thanks :)

hi,
Assuming the worst case of 4Amps at 12v, being allowed to drop 11V.

A 10,000uF 16V cap would give a hold in time of approx 76mSec, which is well inside the operate time of the relay.

You could try a lower value of 4700uF 16V if you are tight for space. ~35mSec

E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back