Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help repairing couple 'scopes (different faults)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, copycat-tape? care to tell more? :)

Uh, sorry, I couldn't think of a suitable word. I mean, it looks exactly like TZ tape, but it's made by someone else, and is a lot cheaper. Hang on a mo...

Aha, here we go. Compatible, that's the word I wanted, like this for example: **broken link removed**

what the?....so CHEAP??

thanks throb, just bought cheap chinese, hopefully they're worth it :)

ooh boy, this was at storage some time, now i took it out there, let it be for day before turning it on, and ehh, same problem came up....

Fez:

Since we think that freeze spay cured it, you could try doing it again. The over spray could have hit something else. I'd find it difficult to be the transformer, but it could be.
So why not try creating a paper/cardboard shield around the xformer and spraying it. I think I would still try to attack it with freeze spray, but in a more controlled shielded stream.

You could spray in the general area (watch where the overspray goes) like you did before and see if you get a fix. Then hurry up and wait until it fails. Then attack the area more controlled with makeshift cardboard/plastic shields.

hmm, good point. never even suspected transformer, so far away and all...

For that matter, look at the power switch and the fuses. Measure the voltages ACROSS them.

I had a fuse fail intermittently more than once. The first time got be good. Apply power, unit dead. Check fuse. with ohmmeter - Good. Check fuse using voltage across the fuse, BAD. Annoying.

gotcha, i'll just need to take it from storage and let it warm for day. i'll have evening shift at work this week, so spare time is pretty limited now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back