Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a cheap record/playback IC suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

I need a single chip that can record a few seconds of sound (2 seconds is fine. more is ok, though). it needs to be played by a switch.

I want something like this:
Jameco Electronics ICs & Semiconductors: WINBOND ELECTRONICS: ISD1110P

but what i really need is it to be available in surface mount. and at a bit lower of a cost...

Basically what i need to do is play a short (pre-recorded) sound when a button is pressed. At a MUCH lower cost, and surface mount. (might need to make a few of these)

and actually, it'd be nice if it operated on a lower voltage (3v would be great). but this is not a necessity as of right now.

Thanks for your help! :)

Last edited:
Winbond sold(?) Cipcorders to Nuvotron Technology. They do have surface mount chips: **broken link removed**
A list of their distributors: **broken link removed**

Ken

Just google Chipcorders........there are a lot of them out there. What you want are the ones that are used in greeting cards.

(Who would have imagined that google would become a verb?":D

haha! thank you HarveyH42! i think that might work nicely.

and thank you KMoffet and GonzoEngineer for the name ChipCorder! :) i think i'll use one of those saw things to prototype my project, and if i have to i'll use the nuvoton chips if the prototype works out. :)

You didn't say much about the application

yeah... i've got a product idea, and just wanted to play around before i said anything. i've seen how some of these guy's ideas get ripped apart on the forum and i wish to avoid that. ;) hope that makes sense...

Here's a link that might save you a little experimenting on The Saw III...

**broken link removed**

Shows the board, and various areas of interest, some modifications. Says it runs fine off 5 volts...

Toy section at Walmart has Digital recorder toys cheep. Buy one and use the parts out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back