Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My Fourm for techinal stuff, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone I would like to show you my fourm site where theres contests, ham radio stuff, programming,computers,electronics,PIC Microcontrollers, etc see site.

So check it out its

**broken link removed**

Its free, and it has alot of topics

And it does not display anything meaningfull.

At least not for me.

JimB

I'm afraid I'll have to agree with JimB. I went to the site and didn't see anything appealing. There is nothing to catch the eye, or to draw interest to it. Perhaps if you had more experience with electronics before starting it, you might have a better edge. It takes a lot of work and a lot of knowledge to run a forum like this. I'm sure if you doubt me, you can talk to ElectroMaster. Personally, I would have waited a while longer before trying to start one. You still have a lot to learn. Heck, I don't have enough knowledge to start a forum either! Try taking it slow. Please do not take this wrong--I admire your ambition and I hope it works for you. I'm just not sure you're ready yet.

I wish you luck.
Regards,
Der Strom

Last edited:
Just to explain what I see, have a look at the attachment.

JimB

Jim what browser?

I viewed the home page and got exactly what you got using MSIE. However, if viewed using Firefox the page is at least complete, dull but complete.

When developing web based pages it becomes real, real important to develop pages that render well in all the popular web browsers your visitors may be using. That means a good developer has several popular browsers at their disposal. After page development the page should be viewed in several common browsers to make sure it renders well in all of them.

Attached is what I got.

Ron

Part of the problem is the provided link. This gets the actual home page:

**broken link removed**

That does not look bad but the link provided seems to be interpreted different by MSIE and Firefox. Why is the bb added? It looks like you are trying to place a sub web below your web. Enter the php nightmare. The parent web looks OK but the child web is a php mess.

Ron

Jim what browser?
Good old Internet Explorer. As much as people seem to hate it, it does what I want most of the time.

I also have Google Chrome available*. I do not use that as my default browser as the displayed text looks a bit odd to me, as though it has been through some video compression and lost resolution.

Using Chrome, I can see delphijustins website OK.
I am not impressed by it, but I can see it.

* I use Chrome to view a website called www.Flightradar24.com which does not work at all well in Internet Explorer.
The site is nice for those who are interested in aviation.
Want to know what that aircraft is way up in the sky?
Where is it going?
Where did it come from?
Look on Flightradar24 and you may well find out.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back