Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motorola Transistor help find

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken2028

Hello,

I need help looking for this transistor

I believe it to be a PNP

I did a Photoshop picture exactly how it looks.

Please if anyone can help.. I would greatly appreciate it..

TRANSISITOR2.jpg

I need to replace this. It's burnt.. I found the same exact one without the identification marks shaved off..
The one I found works fine.. But I need more

TRANSISITOR2.jpg

Test the gain of the part, get all working limits taking into account Vc, and Ve, Ie and Ib, from the circuit that works fine. then get a transistor that will work similarly

I need to replace this. It's burnt.. I found the same exact one without the identification marks shaved off..
The one I found works fine.. But I need more

View attachment 71323

Hi ken2028,

Just to clear this up for everyone.......because I am certainly confused

Are you looking for datasheet on this part?......if so what exact casing is it?.......is it a TO-126 or TO220 package?......also what type of equipment is it out of? ....make? ...mode l#? .....i.e. audio amplifier?....power supply?......rf transmitter output driver stage?......information like this can help us all try and track this part down for you.

......or are you asking for the supply of a quantity of this part?

thanks,
Rotarymaker

Measure current with your multimeter. Get all the working currents.
Remove the transistor, solder wires onto the board, then on use the multimeter to measure the currents

Report Post 02-27-2013, 02:50 PM #10
Thank you for contacting ON Semiconductor

Your part number is most likely customer special part SPS9599 which has been discontinued. We can not disclose any information regarding custom part numbers. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Regards, Martin
ON Semiconductor
Technical Support Center

Subject: here is the actual transistor

Description of customer request:

I need your please. I am looking for this part or a substitute for it.. I am sending you a picture..

Thank you so much...

The most important info is WHAT the transistor did in the circuit. Can you show photos of the PCB etc and/or schematic showing what the part does in the circuit, and what the PSU voltages are etc?

That information will allow the choice of one of the common modern transistors to replace it.

The most important info is WHAT the transistor did in the circuit. Can you show photos of the PCB etc and/or schematic showing what the part does in the circuit, and what the PSU voltages are etc?

That information will allow the choice of one of the common modern transistors to replace it.

Exactly right Mr RB!!
Totally agree with you.
I asked this question several posts above

Quote "what type of equipment is it out of? ....make? ...model#? .....i.e. audio amplifier?....power supply?......rf transmitter output driver stage?......information like this can help us all try and track this part down for you." Unquote

.....but alas it wasn't answered...... unless of course its a top secret part from one of those latest underground N. Kor nuks that went bang lately..... ;) .... only joking, sorry ken2028

Come on ken2028, what type of equipment is this part out of? .... and we may be able to help a bit more.

I have no schematics for this :(.. It's "ON semiconductor" keepiing it secret for a transistor discontinued..

I have no schematics for this :(.. It's "ON semiconductor" keepiing it secret for a transistor discontinued..

No need to be sorry ken2028, I was only trying to lighten the subject with a little joke! .... sorry

......so it's from a door lock control module? ....hmm ....my first thought on this is that this "semiconductors" specification may not be that critical, .....although to confirm that it would be great if you could possibly reverse engineer the circuit schematic from the pcb layout ... ie. draw the case of the transistor as you have done above and follow back each copper track on the pcb (printed circuit board) from each leg of it, one at a time, and draw out any resistors / capacitors / ic pinouts (and their values / colour codes) etc of what each leg joins to, then post your circuit here and we'll have a look.
Also, if you could post a full pcb size picture and close-up picture of each side of the pcb around where this item is located that may help.

Is it a car doorlock module? ..... if so what make / model of car?

PNP help

I figured out the pinouts.. Can someone point to me a better substitute.
The originals work fine after 3 months then it burns out again.

Maybe there is a better one out there?

PNP
1- Emitter
2- Base
3- Collector

hFE=292
Uf= 765m

Attachments

• TRANSISITOR2.jpg
    TRANSISITOR2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 483
Status