Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motor info

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloody-orc

Where to find the specs on how much my motor needs current. my motor is
Entstört
OM90181120
402.886 12V

it's a windscreen wiper motor. and i really need the maximum current drawn by it so that i could make a H-bridge for it.

Thank you in advance
Rain

PS i dont have an Ampermeter

If you dont have an ampermeter you better get one.Dont you have an multimeter?

Oh and you can use somthing resistive and an volt meter to meshure curent

No sadly. i have one Russian one that only can mesure low amps.

bloody-orc said:
Where to find the specs on how much my motor needs current. my motor is
Entstört
OM90181120
402.886 12V

it's a windscreen wiper motor. and i really need the maximum current drawn by it so that i could make a H-bridge for it.

Thank you in advance
Rain

PS i dont have an Ampermeter

Well, Google finds nothing so I assume its a factory parts number.
The word 'entstort' is German for suppressed, meaning the motor has interference suppressors fitted.
From that I would assume its a German made motor, maybe a Bosch. If you can find out which make car it came from you could check what size fuse they fitted for the wiper motor and design your H-bridge for that current.
Klaus

it came from Opel Kadet. could anyone tell me what fuse they used in there as i dont have that car...

bloody-orc said:
it came from Opel Kadet. could anyone tell me what fuse they used in there as i dont have that car...

As with all motors, current depends entirely on the load - I would suggest you're probably looking for at least a 20A-30A H-bridge, bearing in mind if the motor stalls that current will go much higher than that!.

You've seen the normal radio controlled cars?, and the size of motor they use?, speed controllers for them start about 90A and go upwards!.

ok thanks for the info. but could you suggest any good H-Bridges for 2 motors. i really wouldnt like to spend more on H-bridges as i did on the motors wich is 20$

bloody-orc said:
ok thanks for the info. but could you suggest any good H-Bridges for 2 motors. i really wouldnt like to spend more on H-bridges as i did on the motors wich is 20$

What are you using the motors for?, is it as motive power for a robot?.

you hit the nails head. yes this is my new robot project for all terrain robot.

bloody-orc said:
you hit the nails head. yes this is my new robot project for all terrain robot.

For a start then, use 24V to feed the motors, 12V will be FAR too slow. There's no need to use an H-Bridge, just a single power FET and a DPCO relay to reverse it.

Do you have a matched pair (left and right handed) of motors?, wiper motors are only designed to rotate one way, so if you use one in reverse it performs less well than the other one.

thanks a bunchfor your reply. i think this is the way to go. now i need to know what is the design current consupmtion of the opel kadet motors (the ones i have).

maybe someone here has an Opel Kadet?

bloody-orc said:
thanks a bunchfor your reply. i think this is the way to go. now i need to know what is the design current consupmtion of the opel kadet motors (the ones i have).

I thought I made it clear above?, motor's don't have 'design currents', with no load it will probably take a couple of amps, under medium load probably 5-15A, under stall conditions 50-100A.

Here's a design for feeding two Bosch wiper motors from 24V batteries, it uses a PIC for PWM speed control - notice it includes a 15A fuse!.

Attachments

• speedcon2.gif
    speedcon2.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 473
  • speedcon1.gif
    speedcon1.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 481
thanks a lot. by design current i thought the amount wich it takes in normal use (15A as you stated). i'll give this circuit a shot. it seems to be the thing i was looking for. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back