Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mini RC car cams

Status
Not open for further replies.

moody07747

ok so i got one of these mini wireless cams a year ago and have never really used it becuase it just plan $ucks

**broken link removed**

thats the one i got

the pic is unclear even when focused and the 9.6V batteries that i use only last one hour....hour and a half at most

is there any way to make the batteries last longer on these
and
can i make the image any clearer?

also you need lots of light for these to work and i like to use these in the RC car indoors
i know they make UV lights, will they work with this cam?

To make it last longer just stick on an biger batery.

IR is used not UV.UV makes some things glow.IR is also invisible and is used in TV remotes.

Anyway you wedould need a lot or IR light makeing batery life very bad.Not to menthon the cost of a lot of high power IR LEDs.

The image may be fogy beose of the cameras low resolution.Or the lens is not focosung on that distance.

I had one of those, and I know how to fix the picture. There is a knob on the reciever (the box) and thene one inside of the camera. Hook everything up and try to get the best picture with the reciever using the knob. then open up the camera and there is a screw that is part of the circuit. Turning this will focus the camera and make the picture better. DON'T turn this too much, I did and it broke the camera.

Hey at least it only cost you one cent :lol:

If you want longer battery life, you could wire up 6 AA batteries in series to get 9 volts and it would last a lot longer. Or 6 D batteries, probably last a week :lol:

ok so i crashed the car and broke the cam...im lookin to upgrade to something better in quality but i have to keep it small still

any ideas on cams?

im seeing allot on ebay but they are all the same crappy units that i had and hated...
i would like something that is clear and can work in ares that are not lighted well

Your cam looks like it uses low quality CMOS for the video. If you go for a CCD image sensor they also tend to come with better quality lenses and are more sensitive to light.

They only problem is they are a bit bigger so you may have to go for a bare board type.

Brett.

There are some pretty high quality CCD bullet cams for under $200. Sony SuperHAD, EXView, 420 TV lines= very watchable video. You'd need a transmitter on top of that.

I'm only telling you what the spec sheet says. Prob work off 9v maybe even 12v but you will have to take the risk.

Have you looked for a ccd cam with xmitter that will match your receiver?

Brett.

moody07747 said:
you have any links to where i can get these CCD cams?

It's actually 480 TV lines I was thinking of, 420 is lower quality. eBay:
**broken link removed**

"Sony 1/3" SuperHAD CCD" is a high quality, very light-sensitive CCD type. Good for 1/2 Lux! And I have one, it really IS pretty good at low light for a bullet cam.
EXView is surrounding electronics if I recall correctly. It moderates nasty effects like "blooming" where the camera sees a bright light source and it bleeds across the screen.

oliverb said:
I'm only telling you what the spec sheet says. Prob work off 9v maybe even 12v but you will have to take the risk.

Have you looked for a ccd cam with xmitter that will match your receiver?

Brett.
nope but the recievers in the kits ive been seeing look to be the same...

i was looking at the prices too....really high,,,

moody07747 said:
i was looking at that package and it really looks like a grat cam but it looks big...and is it wireless?

It is not really large, about 1.5x the diameter of a Chapstick. That shouldn't be too big for a normal size RC car, but too big for a micro scale of course.

No it's not wireless. You'd need to find a wireless transmitter on top of that. It is much more complicated and expensive, but the quality is worlds better and you're not going to achieve this for free. It depends on what you're looking to accomplish.

im guessing one of these should work

**broken link removed**

edit

yes it will and looking at the pic in this auction of his

**broken link removed**

the reciever i used for the old cam will work with the new system

now time to save up some money for all this stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back