Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

math Formulas with a schematic how

Status
Not open for further replies.
MStechca,
"Amplifiers oscillate and oscillators amplify" when they are designed wrong!

A high gain amplifier circuit will usually oscillate if it doesn't have a good supply bypass capacitor that has a low impedance up to a frequency where the amp's gain is less than 1.

An oscillator doesn't oscillate when its positive feedback has a phase-shift, or when its supply isn't bypassed properly as above.

Amplifiers don't "process" a signal. They just make the signal's voltage, current or both larger. A properly designed amplifier circuit doesn't add distortion or noise.

A "fuzz" circuit is an effects unit and works by clipping the peaks or more of the signal, creating severe distortion.

Hi MStechca,
What is the guy doing in your new avitar?
I tried downloading it and he goes so fast he is a blur.

Attachments

• 205633978438c5f53df1a9.gif
    205633978438c5f53df1a9.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 986
Check out my post about him.

He is climbing an endless tower with windows in it.

In other words, he is showing you that I am progressing.

is this supposed to mean that 99% of the electronic resources on the internet are completely false?

mstechca said:
audioguru said:
is this supposed to mean that 99% of the electronic resources on the internet are completely false?
Lotsa stuff on the web is wrong.
Another electronics chat site has many projects that had serious errors that I fixed.
Here is an Electronic Eavesdropping Device Detector (detects a spy transmitter) that had its schematic totally messed-up. I don't know if anyone built my corrected version. Since it is wide bandwidth and has a high gain I think it would just pickup every radio station, TV transmitter and taxi-cab in town.
https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/rf/005/index.html
It has a neat VCO that causes its speaker to begin slowly clicking when it detects a very weak signal then makes a low frequency growl with a slightly stronger signal. Its speaker's pitch keeps increasing as the signal gets stronger which occurs as it gets closer the spy transmitter. :lol:

Attachments

• eaves_schematic.gif
    eaves_schematic.gif
    11.6 KB · Views: 1,068
mstechca said:

They're not false... IT IS A JOKE! and you just didn't get it :lol: My professor in my electronics course a couple years ago told us much the same thing when we were getting into amplifiers and filters... "unfortunately, a lot of times when you try to build an amplifier, you wind up with an oscillator, and vice versa"

an amplifier does not "use an oscillator" to amplify... it's just that when you try building a very good amplifier, especially a very frequency-selective one, it often winds up oscillating. and often when you try to build an oscillator, it doesn't want to oscillate, and instead just acts as an amplifier. as audioguru says, both cases are undesirable, and neither is true of a properly designed circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back