Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

math Formulas with a schematic how

Status
Not open for further replies.

walters

Banned
What electronic formulas can i use for these schematics or circuits ?

How and where do i start with the formulas for these schematics or circuits?

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2005/11/fuzzface.pdf

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2005/11/dodoverd.pdf

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2005/11/grnring1.pdf

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2005/11/maefuzz.pdf

Now my Electronics Book has alot of formulas how do i use them for these schematics to get variables and values and parameters i guess ?
how would a designer or a tech. use electronic formulas for these circuits how and where to start please?

You don't have formulas for complete circuits, only for individual sections, and individual components. If you want to understand electronics you need to start at component level, and gradually work up - the obvious starting place is with a resistor and ohms law, then series and parallel resistors, moving on to potential dividers and attenuators. Until you've got a clear understanding of those you're completely lost at anything further!.

What formulas are for:
Series Circuits?
Parallel Circuits?

When Look at those Schematics do i use these formulas?

Ohms Law
Watts Law
Kirchhoffs voltage law
Kirchhoffs Current Law
Voltage Divider Formulas
Current Divider Formulas
Total Parallel Resistance
Total Series Resistance
Percent Duty Cycle
Frequency Formula
Period Formula
Total Series Capacitance
Total Parallel Capacitance
Discharge Time Constant is RC=T
Capacitive Reactance (Xc)
Inductive Reactance
Voltage Drops in Series Circuits
Voltage Drops in Parallel circuits

How do i apply these formulas to those schematics where do i start and how do i use these basic formulas applied to a schematic to find the calucaitions and valuse for these types of formulas please?

You would use some of them, probably not all, but as I said before - start with simple resistors and gradually work up. You can't expect to get four years full time college education in a single internet post!.

but when i look at those schematics how do i break up the formulas ? which ones do i use? and how do i use them ? and Why would i want to use them? i seen techs use them alot when reading and looking at schematics like these why do they use these formulas? what does it tell them more about the schematic? why would designers need them or use them to design a schematic like the ones i posted i don't get it

walters said:
but when i look at those schematics how do i break up the formulas ? which ones do i use? and how do i use them ? and Why would i want to use them? i seen techs use them alot when reading and looking at schematics like these why do they use these formulas? what does it tell them more about the schematic? why would designers need them or use them to design a schematic like the ones i posted i don't get it

As I've said two times already, start at the beginning and work forwards, you can't start with a full circuit and work backwards if you don't know even the most basic ideas.

walters said:
What formulas are for:
Series Circuits?
Parallel Circuits?

When Look at those Schematics do i use these formulas?

Ohms Law
Watts Law
Kirchhoffs voltage law
Kirchhoffs Current Law
Voltage Divider Formulas
Current Divider Formulas
Total Parallel Resistance
Total Series Resistance
Percent Duty Cycle
Frequency Formula
Period Formula
Total Series Capacitance
Total Parallel Capacitance
Discharge Time Constant is RC=T
Capacitive Reactance (Xc)
Inductive Reactance
Voltage Drops in Series Circuits
Voltage Drops in Parallel circuits

How do i apply these formulas to those schematics where do i start and how do i use these basic formulas applied to a schematic to find the calucaitions and valuse for these types of formulas please?

:shock:
The only formula I have in my head is Ohm's and both of Kirchoffs, the rest is derived on the fly

pray may i ask what those circuits are, and if you are starting out why not do it on some thing that is understandable and not just a vague copied schematic from some where chucked into a pdf file. one circuit description admits an unknown transistor and is obviously renched from an existing circuit. just drop that gear and ask this forum for some plain designs or go to the projects section that's full of gear good for starting on.
no ill feelings meant mate but your making a double effort and will definitely get no result

Nigel Goodwin said:
You can't expect to get four years full time college education in a single internet post!.

Nigel is right... THIS is the sort of thing people go to college for! there is no simple answer; if there were, an electrical engineering degree in college could be done in a half an hour instead of 4 years :lol:

After you learn the basics posted above, then you can learn about transistors, opamps, digital circuits and microcontrollers. Then looking at a schematic will be simple like reading a book. :lol:

ohms law is used at least 75% of the time.

connect a battery (or other DC power source), a resistor and a ammeter (or multimeter set to the current setting) and start measuring the output current. Keep changing the resistors, and then you will be able to understand ohms law.

Thanks guys

So i start at the input and use ohms law? or do i add the resistors totals in seriers or parallel? or do i add the capacitors series or parallel?

How would a 4yr college tech appoach these schematics with ohms law or other electronic formulas like i listed please im just looking for the "Order" of how to start or where and how to use electronic formulas with schematics like a 4yr college tech or designer would

Im looking at the inputs of the schematics there is resistors and capacitors some in series and some in parallel or series/parallel before a transitor or opamp do i add these and use the series/parallel formulas?

How do i appoarches these schematics to use electronic formulas please?

How do i appoarches these schematics to use electronic formulas please?

walters,

you fail to understand us.

What you really need to do is begin simple :!:

As I said, play with the circuit I have described to you in my last post, and from all the equations you have on hand, determine the best ones that work. The answer is Ohms Law.

Once you done that, then try to make a circuit using a 555 timer. You will learn that ohms law and the equation time = resistance * capacitance are both useful.

You don't have to figure out every single equation to a given circuit. Only concentrate on the equations which are required to improve a circuit. For example, if you have an LED flasher, and the LED is not bright enough, focus on ohms law. If the LED isn't fast enough, focus on the time equation I mentioned above.

Treat electronics as a hands-on activity, not a math, and mind-twisting activity. You will thank yourself for doing so. At least I did.

your best bet is to get an electronics textbook if you don't already have one, and start at the beginning, and work your way through it. after all, those books are carefully organized by people who really know what they're doing, and are specifically designed to help you learn it, in an order that makes sense.

analyzing analog circuits is not about just simply doing parallel and series combination of components. there are a lot of different methods of analysis that are appropriate in different situations depending on the circuit and what you are trying to find out. sometimes you look at a circuit at DC, and use kirchoff's laws and the equations governing the operation of transistors and other devices to find node voltages, and other times you look at things in the frequency domain, finding its response to AC signals, using different approximations to determine things, like using small-signal analysis of transistor circuits... the list goes on and on.

you really need to work your way up, there is WAY too much for you to swallow in one gulp. even if we gave you a detailed description of how we would analyze a particular circuit, unless it was a very simple one, it wouldn't help you nearly as much as you think it would, as you'd still be totally stumped trying to apply the same approach to different circuits, since you wouldn't understand the reasoning behind things. if you don't understand WHY, you won't be able to figure out HOW. and learning WHY isn't something you can do by having us just give you a couple of examples.

But in my electronics Books they focus on networks and circuits and they use alot of these formulas why is that?

Ohms law most just tells the Voltage,current,resistance

But what about Time periods,frequency, impendance formulas

what formulas do i use for series , parallel , series/parallel just ohms law and T=RC ?

walters said:
But in my electronics Books they focus on networks and circuits and they use alot of these formulas why is that?
Are you on page 50? perhaps you should start at page 1 again, or buy a simpler book.

Ohms law most just tells the Voltage,current,resistance
and power too. There is an ohms law chart that is a circle containing a chart which makes the equations easier to understand. Someone has posted it in another thread before.

But what about Time periods,frequency, impendance formulas
what formulas do i use for series , parallel , series/parallel just ohms law and T=RC ?

Your book should tell you this. As I said, start at page 1 and read everything.

As long I see no reason to apply a formula, I don't use it.
It doesn't make sense to apply the time period formula (T=RC) to a circuit of a flashlight (battery and a bulb in series).

Thanks for the help

I read my electronics book and i posted the formulas it has and has examples of how to use the formulas the problem im having is Applying it to these schematics how do i use these formulas for these schematics i posted from the hyperlinks i just don't know how to use these formulas because the examples in my electronics book are just like one or 2 components in series or parallel the schematics have more and are connected different so how do i start from the input stage using ohms law ?

Can we start with the fuzz face schematic to use the formulas i listed so i get a idea and concept on how i can use these formulas in my book ?

walters said:

it sounds like your book doesn't start with the basics. (either that, or you aren't bothering to read them)... find yourself a book that begins with the basics, or search the internet for a tutorial. There is far too much information for us to bother sitting here typing it all out for you when it has already been written MANY times in other places. if you have any more specific questions then I'm sure you'll get answers here, but "teach me everything about basic electronics" is not a valid request.

walters said:
I read my electronics book and i posted the formulas it has and has examples of how to use the formulas the problem im having is Applying it to these schematics how do i use these formulas for these schematics i posted from the hyperlinks i just don't know how to use these formulas because the examples in my electronics book are just like one or 2 components in series or parallel the schematics have more and are connected different so how do i start from the input stage using ohms law ?

Can we start with the fuzz face schematic to use the formulas i listed so i get a idea and concept on how i can use these formulas in my book ?

You can't just dive in to a complicated circuit and understand it! you can't just not bother reading the rest of your electronics book and expect you're going to just "figure it out". THOSE ARE THE KIND OF CIRCUITS THAT TAKE 2-3 YEARS OF COLLEGE ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING COURSES TO UNDERSTAND. you have to understand that!!! there is no way we can just magically teach it to you in a day! Anyone can go in a book and read formulas. what takes time is learning WHEN and HOW to use them. if we give you an explanation of how the fuzz face works, for example, it's going to require that you understand the concept of small signal modeling of the operation of transistors, and AC analysis of the circuit. not only that, but you would also have to have some knowledge of signals, like the frequency content of certain signals, and how the frequency response of the circuit will change it. Then there's also the problem that since it's for a guitar, it probably operates the transistors in a way that creates non-linear distortion, which makes it much harder to analyze. These concepts are built on a LOT of the more basic electronics principles, and you won't be able to understand it without understanding the basics first.

walters said:

You can't just dive in to a complicated circuit and understand it! you can't just not bother reading the rest of your electronics book and expect you're going to just "figure it out". THOSE ARE THE KIND OF CIRCUITS THAT TAKE 3-4 YEARS OF COLLEGE ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING COURSES TO UNDERSTAND. you have to understand that!!! there is no way we can just magically teach it to you in a day!

Well, I didn't need college for it, I learn everything from experience. I started electronics from an electronic kit at the age of 12 (11 years ago) building circuits from the included schematic book, and then I begin to recognize them. andfor the longest time, equations did not even occur to me while I was building those circuits.

Walters, have you thought of actually building a circuit and modifying parts? and PLEASE, DO NOT USE THE MAINS ELECTRICITY, as you may not have enough experience.

mstechca said:
Well, I didn't need college for it, I learn everything from experience. I started electronics from an electronic kit at the age of 12 (11 years ago) building circuits from the included schematic book, and then I begin to recognize them. andfor the longest time, equations did not even occur to me while I was building those circuits.

No, I didn't mean to say that college is the only way to learn it. I was merely trying to express that if it takes 2-3 years to learn the stuff in college, with focused, directed courses and professors to answer all your questions, how can a person expect to learn it in just days on a forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back