Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Make Or Break? (Switches)

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitfish

Using a push button I have made a push to make switch like the one below. (sorry for horrific art skills). Could anyone show me using a similar diagram how to change it into a push to break switch.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Using a push button I have made a push to make switch like the one below. (sorry for horrific art skills). Could anyone show me using a similar diagram how to change it into a push to make switch.

hi,
Do you mean this.?:)

Last edited:
A push to make or push to break switch is usually referred to as a normally open or normally closed push button switch. This is a mechanical attribute that is built into the switch and cannot be changed. If you have a single pole double throw push button switch you can have either normally open and normally closed operation depending on what switch terminals you wire to.

Now if what you really are after is how to change your switch wiring so that the logic level presented to the signal output is normally high, 9vdc, rather then ground then that is another question.

So what are we trying to solve here?

Lefty

Last edited:
Using a push button I have made a push to make switch like the one below. (sorry for horrific art skills). Could anyone show me using a similar diagram how to change it into a push to break switch.

hi,
For reference if you are making a symbol library, as well 'break before make' switches there are also 'make before break' versions.

HouseOfWax, Ive read your reply, it gets the job done.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back