1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

Ltspice 8390 for Automotive Application

Discussion in 'Automotive Electronics' started by bhargav6, Jul 27, 2017.

1. bhargav6

bhargav6 New Member

Hello all,

I am currently working on a project where, I have to measure the voltage and current at the load connected to (ECU) Electronic control unit in a truck.

The battery Voltage Vin (12V- 48V) has to be varied . The input from the battery will be given to Switch mode DC\DC regulator IC (which I have to choose, whose input and output voltage range is well within the range of 4V-50V. And it can measure the current or has current limit upto 12A. I have looked for many IC from TI and also from Ltspice (found a few for e.g Ltspice 8390).

The question is I too wish to use micro-controller to control the output voltage.

I am bit confused, as too what IC with sub components I use to design my project.

2. crutschow

crutschow Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

LTspice is a simulation program from Linear Technology, not a part numbe.

You need to post a diagram of exactly what you are trying to do, to get a good answer about what you need.
    Your description is too confusing to understand exactly what you have. ;)

3. ronsimpson

ronsimpson Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

ACS711ELCTR-25AB-T
    This is a way to measure current. It will give you a voltage that can be read by a computer. (-25) is the 25A version. There are many parts like this.

4. dave

Dave New Member

5. eTech

eTech Active Member

I think the TS meant Linear Technology LT8390....

6. ci139

ci139 Active Member

see d/s pg.23 "Programming Output Voltage and Thresholds" -- as i get it -- by setting the V.OUT by FB divider you have also set the V.OUT(OVP) , V.OUT(SHORT) levels -- the "bad" thing about here is you need micro'-alter the FB by reading modd'-ing the voltage feedback by .... something like http://www.linear.com/product/LTC6910