Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LT1006A Equivalant

Status
Not open for further replies.

muso52

Like many others I would imagine, I have just wasted an hour trying to find a uk equivalent to a LT1006A op-amp. Can anybody pse point me in the right direction?
Thanks,
Willy

Looks like a high-quality LM358

OP77
OPA234
OPA237
All are functional equivalent of LT1006 made by BB/AD.
Not sure what you mean by "UK equivalent" as Digikey in UK shows stock for all of the above. Unless you are specifically looking for the obsolete "can" package.

Hi Gents,
Many thanks for your replies.
I am hoping the LM358 is a dil package ( I think so).
Vtech, yes you are probably correct the OP ** 's are a fuctional equivalent , but I did not know they were an equivalent to the LT 1006!
But again thanks to you all, it is nice that I can come on here now and then and find the advice I am after.
Willy

Hi Ian,
Can't see it on uk farnell or cpc-farnell (searched). Of interest CPC are doing free delivery on everything for a short while!
Willy

Hi Ian,
I knew that but just thought people would be interested! However to purchase from Farnell is a no no. 30p for the item + min £5 delivery? Or somthing like that.
Anyway on refection I believe I should have asked for a substitute (dip) for the LT1006a as circuit unbuilt as yet. Would appreciate your comments.
Willy

Last edited by a moderator:
Virtually all op-amps have the same pinouts.... It's the internal gumpf that changes... Some have outputs for references and offsets, but most are similar...

I get free delivery from Farnell and RS as I buy oodles of stuff!!

Have you a local electronics emporium in Plymouth ( I have been to Maplins in Plymouth ) they always stock TL081's .

Hi Ian,
Yes Maplins Plymouth have them. £1.50 odd each! I'd rather eat mud!
Is the TL081 a substitute for the LT1006A?
Willy

No Idea!! You need to let us know your parameters and circuit!! If you just need a drop in replacement for an existing circuit, then search online for one.. You'll find out that £1.50 will be your cheapest bet ( If it is a dropin replacement!!)... vtech listed three that are functionally the same....

No Idea!! You need to let us know your parameters and circuit!! If you just need a drop in replacement for an existing circuit, then search online for one.. You'll find out that £1.50 will be your cheapest bet ( If it is a dropin replacement!!)... vtech listed three that are functionally the same....

Hi
Then why suggest it? (TL081) Vtech listed three that are functionally the same as what? TL081? Thanks for that.
And maybe you misunderstood. CPC Farnell have free delivery (NOT Farnell) even on a 30p op-amp! Thats what it say's on its website though obviously that would not be my only purchase. £1.5o will be my cheapest option? If I have to go down the road of comparing specs then Maplins is the last place I would go.

So thanks Ian, I was looking for guidance. However nothing personel or indeed disrepectful but If I need guidance to to lead me up the garden path I know where to come.
Willy

I was thinking of buying a couple from farnell with my next order and sending to you free!!!

We still don't know the application.... Was the original part was a can type???

I could send umpteen opamps I have in stock, but without the circuit details, they probably wont help you..

You a supplier then Ian?
The circuit uses a single rail supply +14v and is part of a voltage to frequency output utilising a TC9400. This circuit was deigned for me as it is quite novel having a variable front end ( of the TC9400) for which the op amp is integral. Out of courtesy I am awaiting a hopeful reply from the gent who resides in USA. So will not post circuit as yet. My next step was to download specs of the LT1006 and look for a compatible device. Surely there must be a method of doing this without scrolling through masses of spec sheets, no?
Isn't the TL081 a split rail device? The Lt1006 being single rail, the reason for its use.
A Dip device is what I am after also.
Willy

You a supplier then Ian?
No... I just buy quite a few bits and pieces... I try and stock several different opamps... I mainly use the MCP6244 as it is a quad, it is rail to rail and gives good single supply results...

Gentlemen (and Ladies),
I am going to go with MikeMI's suggestion of the LM358. It is a single rail device and I get the impression (which I did not get when he posted) that he might have compared it with a LT1006A before coming up with his suggestion. I will scroll through spec sheets for both devices and see if I can make any sense of them!
Willy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back