Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lt spice can't find a sg3525, help in finding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can attach the two files for the SG3525 I will try to install it and give some screen shots.

If you can attach the two files for the SG3525 I will try to install it and give some screen shots.
I think I may be ok, read post 18, it was a Mac issue. They hide the Library by default in Lion and Mountain Lion. Newest Software Releases. I'll let you know tonight when I get home if it works.

Thanks, Ron. Big Help. On my work Computer I was able to follow the correct path. I just don't have time to try it.

Thanks again.

kv

Last edited:
I attach all you need to SG3525A work in LTspice.
I also want to ask you, why you need MPK capacitor model? I doubt if we see any difference in simulation result. Simply use ideal cap.
How you going to model a ferrite core ?

Attachments

• SG3525A.rar
    2.2 KB · Views: 183
I haven't came to that point yet, not sure? Once I get these put in circuit I'll work on that, I may need to remove it. And drive them directly.

I attach all you need to SG3525A work in LTspice.
I also want to ask you, why you need MPK capacitor model? I doubt if we see any difference in simulation result. Simply use ideal cap.
How you going to model a ferrite core ?

I was able to get it with your files the .asc it wasn't working until I pasted the .asc into .sym I thought the .asy was all I needed, and is the reason I couldn't get it to show up.

I got a chance to come home for lunch, took a little bit, but eventually it work.

Thank you, both.

Your good friends.

Let you know how it goes, tonight.

kv

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-01 at 4.16.52 PM (2).png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-01 at 4.16.52 PM (2).png
    297.5 KB · Views: 214
I got the Zener in but, I can't read the values,,,,, for the MKP Cap on the Datasheet.

All I can understand is "V" rating and "uf" the rest is a garbled mess to me.

Should I just leave the rest Blank?

See if I missed something.....DataSheet> https://www.vishay.com/docs/28128/mkp416to420.pdf

Last edited:
Just the capacitance value is fine. Don't even need the voltage. Spice will let you smoke it. :woot:

Ok, Thanks, Ron.;)

kv

Last edited:
Pin location does not matter in spice. Only the pin name/function.
Even for schematic drawings, pins are usually placed by functional groupings that are often different than the location on the chip.

Pin location does not matter in spice. Only the pin name/function.
Even for schematic drawings, pins are usually placed by functional groupings that are often different than the location on the chip.

I have been working on the pin name and function, I hope I can jump my wires to get to the respective pins, that's if they will line up with the other schematic.

I don't know how to delete a wire connection in LT Spice yet:)

Thanks, Chris

kv

Last edited:
There is a little pair of scissors up on the tool bar. Click on that, then either click on an item, or drag across multiple items.

There is a little pair of scissors up on the tool bar. Click on that, then either click on an item, or drag across multiple items.

I've used them, but they don't seem to delete my pin on the wire. I'll keep working with it, till I get stuck.

I'll let you know.

Thank you, very much.

kv

Chris, I realized if I just run over the wire it won't attach to another one.

Here is what I have so far....

Attachments

• My first LT Spice Drawing-Electrotech.asc
    4.1 KB · Views: 137
Ok, it's time for the dreaded core of the Transformer, I have 22g wire and 14 turns of 4 wires with this core.

Data Sheet:
**broken link removed**

The HV Primary isn't much just a Flyback out of a TV. Just 6 turns of 18g mag wire.

I guess this is where I will have the most trouble..

Where can I go from here?

kv

Edit: Ok, I really need some help.

I hope there is someone who can finish this, worst feeling ever.

Last edited:
for the MKP Cap on the Datasheet.

All I can understand is "V" rating and "uf" the rest is a garbled mess to me.

Should I just leave the rest Blank?

See if I missed something.....DataSheet> https://www.vishay.com/docs/28128/mkp416to420.pdf
To start with just fill in the 'uF' part. If you want to get more accurate then work in the L and R part of the cap. Because this is not a low current timing cap don't worry about parallel resistance.
Look at the end of the data sheet at a graph called IMPEDANCE.
Look at a 1uF cap. There is a line starting high on the left and sloping down. This is what a 1uf cap should do. When the curve slopes up to the right this is what a inductor will do. Above 600khz the cap looks inductive. At 2mhz it is about 0.3 ohms. This gives us the inductance of the leads and connections inside the cap. (ESL) The resistance of the cap is 0.008ohms. (ESR) A perfect 1uF cap should have 0.01 ohms impedance at 2mhz but this cap will have 0.3 ohms. The real cap will have high frequency ripple, above 1mhz and a slight tendency to ring at 600khz.
When working with high current caps in power supplies the ESR and ESL makes the simulation more like the real world.

Thanks, Ron good explanation, I have to go to work now, it will take some time for me to consume what you said, but I got the last part of it. I'll try to apply it and get back to you.

As for my Core and windings of the GDT, I'm stuck again. I don't know how or what to do to make it work in the schematic.

Help:sorry::arghh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back