Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lt spice can't find a sg3525, help in finding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

Actually it's just not in the Database, need a 1uf MKP Cap and a 12v zener, along with the SG3525?

Thank you.

kv

This is what I've done so far, maybe someone could sim a frequency or something? Choose another Driver, I seen some but couldn't figure out how I could use something in the Database?

This is what it's based on.

Attachments

• My first LT Spice Drawing.asc
    2.1 KB · Views: 276
Oh, and I joined the Yahoo/ Groups / LT Spice, and couldn't find it or any other Drivers that might work.

need a 12v zener
>Add component button.
>pick "zener", last item on list.
>Place part.
>Right click part.
>"pick new part"
>click on "Vbrkdn[V]" to get parts in order of voltage.
>Select part with 12V..... BZX84C12L

If that does not work you can all wise use a 12V battery.

need a 1uf MKP Cap
>Add a capacitor.
>right click on part.
>fill out the form.
>1uf in first widow
>Voltage rating is second window
>Current rating if known.
>ESR, ESL, Leakage resistance, Parallel cap if you know.

If you don't know leave it blank.

need a SG3525
Good luck. I have made parts like the SG3525 but it will take all day to get it right.
edit------------------------
I did not look to see who you are. KilliVolt.....You know what I am talking about. I thought you are someone just starting out on Spice.

Try UC3525 or SG3525 or KA3525
These are very old parts. Linear has bridge driving ICs that will do the job of driving your two MOSFETs with out a transformer. Because Linear makes LT Spice they will have all you need to make a bridge (full or half) supply using LT Spice.

Last edited:
Good luck. I have made parts like the SG3525 but it will take all day to get it right.
edit------------------------
I did not look to see who you are. KilliVolt.....You know what I am talking about. I thought you are someone just starting out on Spice.

Try UC3525 or SG3525 or KA3525
These are very old parts. Linear has bridge driving ICs that will do the job of driving your two MOSFETs with out a transformer. Because Linear makes LT Spice they will have all you need to make a bridge (full or half) supply using LT Spice.

Thanks, Ron. It's really my first time using it, I tried to Download it 8 years ago, I was using windows then, I couldn't make head nor tales of it. It's well documented now, and for a guy like me, I need it.

BTW, Have you ever watched a movie called Dune? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dune_(film) SciFi it's hard to watch cause it's so freaking long, but it's really interesting and has some of my favorite actors.

SPICE:)..................

Here you can find LTspice for SG3525
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=63855

Also some additional models
https://valvolodin.narod.ru/soft/extra.rar
Unpack the archive "extra.rar", using the archive RAR
Copy "extra1.rar" which is installed in the directories are LTspiceIV. Typically, this directory is "C: \ Program Files \ LTC"
Unzip "extra1.rar" which is installed in the directories are LTspiceIV
Finish

Thank you, If it's the 3 .rar folders there I have done that one at Yahoo / Groups / LT Spice, but I'll have look into these as well:happy:

Thanks everyone for your help.

kv

So, I finally got SG3525 into the right directories and named (them) according to their file ext. How ever when I pull out the component and look to see if it's their, it's not.

So, I think maybe SgtWookie created them on a windows machine and I'm on a Mac.

Not sure.

They should work. I always have trouble getting them in the correct directory and named right. Do you mean you can't insert the symbol into your schematic?

I chose draft, on right click and then go to the component listing. Not there.

Last edited:
Draft? I don't know draft. You should be able to click on the little "and" gate and see the component listing. What directory did you save the symbol in?

It's probably a little different on a Mac, once I have the component finder open it's not there?

But, I can click on it in the file inside LT Spice directory and it opens just fine, weird.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 8.53.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 8.53.02 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 700
  • Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 9.01.43 PM (2).png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 9.01.43 PM (2).png
    803.4 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:
I probably have it in the wrong directory. Maybe I should remove all instances of it and then re-download and install without any changes. Allowing all content to be directed to it's current file location.

I think I may have screwed with it during installation.

I'll give that a go and get back to you.

I reinstalled and it's the same thing. Cleared out everything. I'm sure it's in the wrong directory. But, I just don't know how to put in the right one. If I follow that file path in the 2nd pic, their is no Application Support/Path.

However, if I go directly to my applications folder and right click and open package contents, it goes Contents/Library/cmp,sub or sym. this path allows me to paste into it.

It should be like in the above caption 2 pic, which is....

/Users/roylanka/Library/Application Support/LTspice/lib/sym and (not) below.

Application/Contents/Library/sym or sub

I think I need to figure out how to copy into the correct directory.

Thanks, ronv.

Ok, I know what's wrong, Mac's by default will hide Library, it began in Lion. The only way to show it is to, Press and Hold the Option key and in Finder click Go, it will drop down and show Library, if you release the key it will appear. I'll have to work on it tonight.

Last edited:
I just needed three more parts to the original circuit 2-12v Zeners which are back to back between source and drain on my IRFP250n, their powering a Flyback, nasty kickback protection from what the author say's.

MPK non-polar cap for similar reasons a bit of isolation from the GDT driving the Mofets and then the SG3525 driver. Here's the original Schematic.

https://s993.photobucket.com/user/killivolt/media/HVPlasmaSpeaker_zpsfbd67e08.png.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back