Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low power relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarr

Hi all,

I want to switch 2A @ 3.4-3.9v with a ATtiny13 MCU what is the best way t do this with the least components, SSR, Relay? Ideally I want a pin from MCU to pin of XXX that is then used to switch the voltage on/off

Thx

Scarr said:
Hi all,

I want to switch 2A @ 3.4-3.9v with a ATtiny13 MCU what is the best way t do this with the least components, SSR, Relay? Ideally I want a pin from MCU to pin of XXX that is then used to switch the voltage on/off

Thx

Look for SSR. you buy those to switch your mentioned conditions.
They typically have a diode on input with a series limiting resistor and only require about 10mA to drive. The resistor can be very small.

The ones I have found are 3v and my I/O Pin will be 2.5v

Hi,

I will be running the MCU at between 3.4v and 3.6v and the spec sheet for the ATtiny13 says that at 3v the min output voltage from a I/O pin will be 2.5v (page 119 of the spec sheet) it does not give a typical or max voltage and I can't see a graph that gives a I/O voltage based on VCC.
Having said that, the PDF is a little confusing for a novice like me so it might be in there.

All the SSR I have found require 3v to turn them on.

Thx

Re: The ones I have found are 3v and my I/O Pin will be 2.5v

Scarr said:
Hi,

I will be running the MCU at between 3.4v and 3.6v and the spec sheet for the ATtiny13 says that at 3v the min output voltage from a I/O pin will be 2.5v (page 119 of the spec sheet) it does not give a typical or max voltage and I can't see a graph that gives a I/O voltage based on VCC.
Having said that, the PDF is a little confusing for a novice like me so it might be in there.

All the SSR I have found require 3v to turn them on.

Thx

umm look at this guy. Mosfet isolated SSR

**broken link removed**

Its small, you can drive the LED with 10mA so 3V I/O is fine. It can switch 2A

Positive side switching

Thnaks Optikon for that,

looking at the spec it shows switching on the negative side, I want to switch on the live sideis this OK with this device?

Thx

Does anyone know?

Does anyone know if I can use the above mosfet relay on the positive supply to the load?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back