Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED lamp using pin retention contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prismseed

I want to build a lamp using 4-pin LEDs to be run off of earth batteries or a gravity generator. Could I use a pin retention contact as a method of having easy bulb replacement? Would the circuit fail if one bulb blew, or risk burning out the others?

Welcome to ETO, Prismseed!

You could. But given the normal life span of LEDs, I don't see the need.

Your power sources, however, are be somewhat suspect. To avoid unexpected LED failures, you might consider appropriate power control circuitry for the LEDs (and/or more conventional power sources).

Thank you for the welcome and response.

My main interest is in alternative energy sources such as earth/saltwater batteries, gravity generators and TEGs. The lights is a toy and fruit of the labor you could say. I don't know much about power control circuitry but I'll get to google-ing it. Any advice on devices or terms to read up on?

LEDs like to be driven with a well-defined current, so you might want to read up about 'constant current LED drivers'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back