Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this as dangerous as it sounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine can't solder, never did well with the sciences or maths, and doesn't know much of anything about electronics. She tends to be on the artistic side of things -- She's a great singer, does a lot of crafting (she's crocheted quite a bit lately), she's a great cook, and has a good eye for neutral home improvements ("neutral" meaning nothing too frilly or feminine). Even better, she doesn't mind too much if I leave my scopes, micros, and breadboards strewn around the living room :D She lets me have the spare bedroom all to myself for my work area and she rarely goes in there.

And don't listen to TM117. You haven't given enough information in order for anyone to be able to tell if the encounter was suspicious or not. There are plenty of girls out there who are attracted to the geeky types (my wife, for example). Don't let TM117's inability to obtain a girlfriend discourage you. He may just be going about it the wrong way :p
actually I could have made GF's but believe me I live a lone wolf style life and a all time busy guy but my advice is not bad try to get the inner meaning of it.

Pretty girls don't play games to get a laptop fixed. I think she want's to get to know you better and I think you should reciprocate.

Mike.

Yes, they play with laptop after it's fixed....kiddin' ;D

DEEP HORROR
Inside the lid when I opened the screen was a bit of paper with her phone number and a red heart on :eek::eek::eek:.
So I have a dilemma, she is extremely pretty but female. So do I repair the laptop (one the memory chips has had it) and hand it back without mentioning the paper (must have fallen out eah ;) ), or do I risk my shed space and call her?
Seriously??? You have to ask? Dude, you just got the coolest pickup ever, way cool in fact. And if she is pretty, that is even more awesome. Girls are fun, and often serve as your muse. Now all you should be asking, is what is the cool way to respond. If your good with video editing, you could make a video pop up when she powers up her computer where you express your extreme desire to hook up. I dunno, what are ya waiting for? You just got a free pass to ask her out without having to do any work, you my friend have been given a gift:) One thing I know is that you are funny, girls like funny.

I offered to show her how to fix her laptop, I might even let her use my weller soldering iron:D.

She seems ok, has a interest in tech, dosnt shop for curtains so might be safe.

Need to be careful incase she turns out to be the ANTI COST like specs wife.

actually I could have made GF's but believe me I live a lone wolf style life and a all time busy guy but my advice is not bad try to get the inner meaning of it.
So its official you all have yourself to play with............:stop:

Does she have child bearing hips? A good dowry? Can she churn Butter and sweep stables? If any of those are "no," go ahead and pass.

Alternatively, ask her if she'll help you kill your evil stepmother. If she doesn't run away in fear, she's a keeper.

If I was you I would ask her if either of her parents or any of her close relatives or neighbors are engineers and if so how well does she understand and relate to their thought processes.

If it's a yes and she has no problems with relating to how engineers think she's a keeper! :woot:

From a man who has had several shed spaces and only one women:
Sheds can be replaces.

If you don't, take every change, to learn what to do, you will wind up a lonely old man that complains about women on forums.

Then obviously you did not have your shed set up properly and take pride in it.:facepalm::(

He may end up a lonely old man on a forum but at least he will be a well experienced old man who knows what he is talking about! ;)

From everything I have seen in my life we humans as a whole need a lot more grouchy old men who know things and are willing to help than we need more married couples who don't do anything but produce more 'useless entitled children' . :(

Then obviously you did not have your shed set up properly and take pride in it.
obviously you don't know.
He may end up a lonely old man on a forum
With out "more married couples" we will not have "useless entitled children" who will become the next generation of "lonely old man on a forum"
------------------------------------------------------
LG was given the opportunity that many will never see.
If he gives up on humanity, pretty girls and fun times, he could end up old, grumpy, and living in a backward little town.
Where the highlight of the week is watching grain being loaded into freight cars.
upload_2016-4-20_21-30-12.png

obviously you don't know.

With out "more married couples" we will not have "useless entitled children" who will become the next generation of "lonely old man on a forum"
------------------------------------------------------
LG was given the opportunity that many will never see.
If he gives up on humanity, pretty girls and fun times, he could end up old, grumpy, and living in a backward little town.
Where the highlight of the week is watching grain being loaded into freight cars.
View attachment 99035
Cant help but think that would make a great shed!!

She is coming round tonight, lets she how good her soldering is before i make a decision ;).

Have fun, LG :cool:.

BTW, drapes might be a nice addition to the shed... :woot:

Those of us that live in rural areas have advantages.
"Shed"
The right 12x60 feet is heated and is where the electronics lives.
The left 12x60 feet is for wood working. Insulated but not heated.
The center 20x60 feet is metal working, mills, welders, and tractor/car/truck repair.
The upstairs 20x60 is for over flow, There are transformer winding machines, small work station, and library.
upload_2016-4-21_8-8-1.png

Those of us that live in rural areas have advantages.
"Shed"
The right 12x60 feet is heated and is where the electronics lives.
The left 12x60 feet is for wood working. Insulated but not heated.
The center 20x60 feet is metal working, mills, welders, and tractor/car/truck repair.
The upstairs 20x60 is for over flow, There are transformer winding machines, small work station, and library.
View attachment 99045

Don't see any curtains? :D

Nice shop(s) wished I had that. Thanks for sharing!

Nice:) I would love to escape the city for awhile. A lake cabin is my dream getaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back