Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it necessary to use PMP for Graphics LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

micro9000

Hey guys, I made an earlier thread about the display module I am using, but maybe I am asking the wrong question. The main question I have is that the PIC32 I have only has 8 data lines for the PMP (parrallel master pot) module (I am using the PIC32MX795F512H, 64pin LQFP). I would like to use 16 data lines for maximum throughput, but I only see 16 PMA lines and again, only 8 PMD lines. So, with that in mind, I am trying to initialize and write to the LCD without using the PMP module.

I see some of the stickied tutorials, but I'm still not too sure about this.

So my questions are as follows:
1. How feasible is it to program a graphics LCD without the PMP module?
2. Is it still plausible to use 16 bits using the PMA? How would you accont for the CS,WR, and RS lines given the microcontroller I am using?

If anyone can help with any of the above questions it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back