Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Insect Repeller

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not satisfied with the technical explaination, it just says it uses the wires in your house to irritate the nervous systems of small animals. What a load of rubbish! It must use ultrasound or something, if it uses the wiring in your house be transmitting electromagnetic waves that repell small animals then I wouldn't trust that it doesn't interfere with electronic devices like your TV.

Male Mosquitos Are Repelled by these Circuits, but they DON'T Bite.
Female Mosquitos are DEAF, so the are Not Repelled.
They will still come and Bite you.

So this kind of a circuit is a waste of time and money.

Kyusuke_FD3S said:
May I know is there any more simple mosquito repeller circuit diagram ???
thanks

chemelec said:
Male Mosquitos Are Repelled by these Circuits, but they DON'T Bite.
Female Mosquitos are DEAF, so the are Not Repelled.
They will still come and Bite you.

So this kind of a circuit is a waste of time and money.

i look from other website
they said the female mosquitos pregnant period will away from the male mosquito, this circuit is act as male mosquito, therefore the female mosquito will away ...
is that true ???

then you got any other suggestion ???

In Google, you can read articles from the health dept of governments and tests of ultrasonic pest repellers and they all say they don't work.

Pest Offense is not an ultrasonic based design and the house wiring acts as an antenna. I can assure you that my television set doesn't suffer any interference and it happens to share the same AC outlet! The device doesn't seem to do well against mice but it sure does a swell job on spiders and other typical home insects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back