Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultrasonic Pest Repeller

Status
Not open for further replies.

audioguru

Most Helpful Member
Recently I went to a store that sells live fish and reptiles. I was nearly deafened by a loud ultrasonic whistle sound. My daughter, her husband and my wife couldn't hear it but I needed to go outside.
My daughter asked the store manager and he said the ultrasonic sound has had a couple of complaints and is used to repel dogs away from the store. Hee, hee it repelled ME!

PS. I am 66 years old and my hearing is still pretty good.

PS. I am 66 years old and my hearing is still pretty good.

That's remarkable.

Wonder what frequency is being used.

I'm only 63 and I can barely hear myself think...

Last edited:
My hearing is still good because I stayed away from guns.
OOps, that thread is on another website.

You weren't being a pest, were You??? :)

I’m only 43 and my hearing is shot. 14 years of Power stations took it’s toll, and now the mining industry is not really helping matters much either? Tinnitus!

Walking in a mall I hear a kid's earphones blasting away his hearing. He is 20m away from me.

The worker who is using a pneumatic hammer to break up my street has hearing protectors around his neck, not on his ears.

Kinarfi, funny you should ask that.

After pestering each other for seven years, the Nav and I agreed that we'd had enough.

Their loss, in my book...

I am 49 years young this year. I am physically fine but my hearing is completely shot (too much loud rock music on headphones when I was younger). Man, am I sorry now for not listening to my parents about damaging my hearing then...

Cellphones are of no use to me. Normal landlines are of no use to me. I simply cannot hear or logically converse with anyone with any form of Telephonic device. It's so frustrating. And embarassing.

Yet, I can hear a TV's audio clearly when it is playing near me softly.....and there is nobody else making a noise in the room??

And, on top of thing's, I am a TV Tech.

These days I have to rely on others to tell me the line stage has started up after a I have successfully repaired the set. The 15625 Hz is way beyond my hearing potential.

Anyway, I don't shock often. Call it gut feeling. Got tube heaters, then you got Screen Voltage, then you should have EHT too. Cause the Line Stage is running.

Anyways, me out.

Cheers,
TV Tech

I can still hear it too! I'm 48, but the upper limit on the frequency range of my hearing still pushes the 20khz line. You know how there are people who are "super tasters" who can taste some things the rest of us can't? There seems to be a similar thing with hearing.

Almost everybody who used a gun is deaf to high audio frequencies. I never caused a war nor was in a war so my hearing is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back