Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ic's!!!!!!!i need help!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

colin886

ive benn doing electronics for some time by building them from instructions and i i thought it would be cool to use a ic but i have no idea how ics :shock: work so could someone show me! :D

What kind of IC. It can be a simple op amp consisting of 30-50 transistors or an MCU that has more than 100 000 transistors.

im not quite sure, correct me if i am wrong but 555 timers are triggered by the tr pin the when the voltage on the theshold is the same as the discharge it will output.
the controll voltage makes it faster and slower as will the resistor value between discharge and theshold and changing the cap changes the frequency
:wink:

If you google search 555 you will find all the info you need .......even how to build your own 555 LOL

The only thing you need to know about ICs is hot to google their datasheet. Start off with googling "lm555 datasheet".

a bonus search tip:
as all (well almost and the most decent) data sheets are pdf files doing an initial search or final one within the results for *.pdf will help filter out alota junk pages with frases like "to build this circuit check the xxxxxxxx datasheet".

the thing i ment was i dont understand wat threshhod,reset,trigger or discarge are used for and wat they meen.
this is the sheet that i have **broken link removed**

colin886 said:
the thing i ment was i dont understand wat threshhod,reset,trigger or discarge are used for and wat they meen.
this is the sheet that i have **broken link removed**

A simple google finds plenty of information, including this excellent site .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back