Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I cooked and ate this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some of my favourites :
Bacon and cheese in a croissant :)
30042011989.jpg
Crispy battered chicken in Kung Po sauce with egg fried rice:
18012012287.jpg
Cheese topped rolls:
05032013860.jpg
Homemade Pizzas :)
21112012787.jpg
Homemade pitta with marinated chicken kebabs
02032011892.jpg
Chicken curry :)
15112011211.jpg

Some nice stuff there picbits.
I cook my own bread too, mix the dough in a bread-machine but punch the dough down and finish it off in a loaf tin - far better than that which you buy.

I hate to cook, but I have done some vary good dinners when camping.

Living alone, most of the time, it is vegetables in a bamboo Chinese steam cooker and eventually, rice in any combination. I do not like cooking, much less for myself alone. That is why meat is out of my list unless I go out to have a meal and even then most probably not.

As a seaman I was amazed to see how much interest people used to put when going ashore to restaurants. A proof of how different people can be.

Being vegetarian I have to be creative when I cook, and being dyslexic I find it hard to follow recipe's. Well, follow them in the correct order with the things in the right places anyway. But a couple of my favourite creations are Leek And Potato Soup With Extras, where the extras are sweet potato, carrot, butternut squash and some kind of beans. Secret ingredients are dill seed, molasses and cayenne. Another one is Lentil Thing, where you cook a load of whole lentils (put some salt and vinegar in the water to stop any bitterness), cook some chopped potatoes (big pieces), and fry up some veggies with flavouring of your choice. You eventually mix the whole lot together and simmer a bit before serving. Yum.

I have a Cayenne pepper plant growing (along with Jalapeno, Habanero, Tabasco, & Sherry Pepper) and planted 8 seeds from one of the peppers, in a couple of starter pots.
5 have just grown into seedlings and hopefully will survive to pass around to friends.
The original plant has 14 peppers on it at the moment, which should be ripening some time soon, and will provide more seeds for planting again.
The other hot pepper plants are coming along, bearing a few pods, and I hope to make some hot sauce in the near future, along with a few more plants.
Seems I have discovered a little green finger recently and am thoroughly enjoying it.

I tried growing bell peppers once - really easy! But they fell victim to something, can't remember what :(

Just reading all of this....I am hungry :)

Luckily, I have a Take Away pizza....again....:wideyed:
So.tired.of.food.and pizzas.that.all.taste.the.same.:eek:

Need to grow stuff. Like Mick.
Also need a bigger place then.

Regards,
tvtech

Take advantage of the space you do have.
Small pots around the space you have outside, planters on window sills, etc.
You don't need massive amounts of space to grow things, unless you are growing large plants such as lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower etc.

Yep, you can grow most things in a planter, and you can make a planter out of all sorts of things :D

I posted this recipe here awhile back, but for those that missed it.

Michael’s Famous Pork Tenderloin

Pork often has the stigma of being a unhealthy form of protein as it is often thought to be a very lipid rich meat, I am here to dispel that myth.

Pork tenderloin is a beautiful cut of meat, low in fat, tender, scrumptious, and sure to bring a smile.

So if I have wetted your appetite and you want to know more about this delightful dish, read on.

What you need:

· 1 package of bacon
· Jim Beam BBQ sauce
· Pork tenderloin, 1.5 to 2 pounds. (I prefer Farmers John brand, available at Vons)
· Olive oil
· Seasoning, I use pepper, onion and garlic salt (Make sure garlic salt has no NACL). One more note about seasoning, do not, I repeat, do not use any salt. Any first year chemistry student will tell you that the salt will cause a osmotic pressure gradient and will suck the moisture right out of your otherwise juicy tenderloin, so don’t use any salt.

Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spread olive oil on bottom of your 6x12 or so, baking dish.
3. Place pork in baking dish. Pour olive oil on pork and spread evenly (do not be shy with olive oil, it is good for you). Now season pork with pepper and garlic salt ( don’t hold back). Using the JB BBQ sauce coat the pork with a nice layer.
4. Take about 3 to 4 slices of bacon and wrap them around the pork in a helical fashion. Good News! The hard part is done. At this point, your hands must be pretty messy, go wash em for Pete’s sake.

Cooking:

Place your pork dish in the center rack of oven, do not cover. Cook at 350 degree F for 20 minutes and then turn oven temperature down to 325 degrees F. Rule of thumb is 20 minutes per pound, but I prefer going by meat temperature. Pork is considered done at 160 degrees so I take the meat out around 153 degrees and allow meat to rest.

Some additional notes:

While meat is cooking, I usually baste the meat with the juices in the cooking dish, key is to keep meat moist.

Cut meat into small slabs, ¼ to ½ inch slices, serve and observe happy faces J

Remember, when asked for recipe, Old family secret.

I like pork Mike, so this is one I should try.
Not sure if the Jim Beam BBQ sauce is available here, but I should be able to do a little improvisation.

Many thanks,
Mick.

Here is a simple dish.
My Bell House Burgers. Well, maybe burger is not quite the right word as we use no bread for this dish.

For my dish, I use ground sirloin as it is a better cut of beef than the usual burger meat.
I prep the meat by mixing with copious amounts of seasoning rub, bread crumbs and finely diced carrots add a good taste.
As usual I brown with my favorite Sherry, and once browned I reduce heat and add a can of Campbells Golden Mushroom soup. Simmer but not for too long or our meat will get dry. Serve with noodles

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

UOTE="Mickster, post: 1184904, member: 83220"]I like pork Mike, so this is one I should try.
Not sure if the Jim Beam BBQ sauce is available here, but I should be able to do a little improvisation.

Many thanks,
Mick.[/QUOTE]

Around my kitchen it's "Jack Danial's" sour mash just taste better to me I guess :) it's not a favorite for everyone.

Check this out; I was at Snowbird for October Fest; last year.

This was breakfast. I ordered "Pouched Eggs" on an open face slice of wheat bread with hollandaise sauce with smoked atlantic salmon topped with capers and chopped onion.

**broken link removed**

I was born at a very young age in Brooklyn NY. My father was French Canuk and my mother Italian. I grew up surrounded by the Italian culture which consist of eat, eat and then eat more. As a child for some reason I always gravitated to the kitchen area. I watched my grandmother, mother and aunts prepare endless meals. I actually enjoy cooking and discovered at an early age that most women love men who know their way around the kitchen. Even today that holds true for old guys like me.

My life and career were truly blessed. Back in 1969 I was inducted into the US Marine Corps where I remained for 10 years. During those years I traveled the Pacific Rim and the Orient extensively. The great part was enjoying to food and cultures of so many countries I visited and lived in. I also managed to complete a paid education while in the states. Anyway it was all about the food for me. Learning new foods and how to prepare them. I had favorite restaurants in every country. Following 10 years as a US Marine I went to work for another 10 years for the US Government DoD and DoE (Departments of Defense and Energy). This was great as having been all over the Pacific Rim I was now traveling and living in Europe with all new wonderful cuisine and flavors. Much like the Far East there was all this great food to try and rest assured I'll try anything and there are very few foods I don't care for. The consensus being I'll eat anything or at least open to try anything.

Moving along to today and retired. I love smoking meats and Bar-B-Que! I just got some really great smoked salmon in from Washington State. I finally have the time to enjoy cooking and the rifle range, two things I love. Also been traveling as we spent a few weeks in the Caribbean this past March.

DerStorm8 mentioned pork chops. I love the entire hog but last week I made about 8 US Gallons of tomato (pasta) sauce from scratch starting with tomatoes from a local market. I always add meats to my sauce and pork chops were browned and tossed in. Then we package the sauce and freeze it in 1 gallon zip loc freezer bags. Something about pork simmered for 8 to 10 hours in tomato sauce.

KISS mentions:
"It's funny that my grandparents had breakfast, dinner and supper instead of breakfast, lunch and dinner and my aunt and uncle had pop instead of soda".

Growing up in NY it was soda but seems in the mid west it becomes pop. Beats me. Europe got me on the Breakfast, Dinner and Supper thing. Makes sense to me.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back