Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do you get Schottky diodes without having to wait 13 weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hello,
I have designed a 500W, 3 channel , switch mode led driver with three schottky diodes on it that have gone non-stocked on Mouser.com, digikey.com, farnell.com and RS…..Mouser and digikey have them listed but it’s a 13 week lead time to get them in….we need these now…(they were in stock when I was laying out the board.)
Do you know how I can get hold of any of the following diodes, which have the necessary POWERDI5060-8 footprint….

SBRT25U80SLP
SBRT20U100SLP
SBRT20M80SLP

SBRT25U80SLP datasheet:-
**broken link removed**

Have you tried ordering directly from Diodes inc? Usually thats what we do at work if a Distributor doesnt have it,However, they charge a Huge fee for doing so.

I can't recall how many times the same has happened to me:( usually I get the prototypes done and then when I reorder more I find out that that item is "end of life" :banghead:

It was easier in the good old days. The policy could be that you had to have two sources. But today with so many high tech parts it is easy to fall into the single source trap.

I just bought a whole bunch of them from ebay. Make sure you check the seller's ratings though. That could be the difference between you getting the real thing and getting a bunch of duds.

we asked diodes inc and they sent us a form so we could register our requirement for the parts.
Octoparts and findchips, I don't know where they get there stock from...how would you know that it wasn't fake dudd stuff?

Octoparts and findChips are search engines rather than suppliers. They search some 10s of suppliers inventories. It is up to you to evaluate the hits they return. In general they are either first string suppliers like digikey or outfits that buy up parts left over from production runs. Based on this I would not expect to find counterfeits through them..

STPS30M60DJF
STPS30M100DJF
SBRT25M60SLP
STBR25M80SLP
MBR30H100MFS
NRVB30H100MFS
As you can see I was looking for 25 & 30A, 60,80,100V and a package that looks similar. (may not be exact)
8-PowerVDFN.JPG

Last edited:
These similar parts look good...I will look to see if they fit on the footprint...100v or 80v would be fine......anthing above 10A is fine......

I think our governments should pull the semico's in line here, it is ridiculous for each of them to have their own footprint, which has such slight differences to others, that you cannot put an alternative part on there.
Each company has a QFN of pretty much the same size, but footprint differences that mean they cannot fit an alternative part on them

There is a new idea. A footprint adapter to change from brand x to brand y.

I think our governments should pull the semico's in line here, it is ridiculous for each of them to have their own footprint, which has such slight differences to others, that you cannot put an alternative part on there.
Each company has a QFN of pretty much the same size, but footprint differences that mean they cannot fit an alternative part on them
The government is so good at ...............solving our problems.

In just minutes I see that the FLAT 5X6 , FLAT 6X5 and the DFN6 are the same foot print. Or close enough to work.

Yea, that's another problem. Then there are metric and English footprints. Don't forget the X-actor knife or scalpel,

I just got a scalpel. Cool knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back