Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i measure and compare voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

refo

at first i want adjust over and under voltage and timer with pot after this if ac line voltage is exceed to my edge ,how can i start the time(1 to 20 second--its adjustable) and how can i compare this voltages...

pic is could be 16F876
thanx to who help me or not... :)

I think what he wants to do is use a voltage divider with a potiometer so that it can be used for different levels of inputs. From there, he wants to moniter it for its maximum (minimum too?) value and trigger something if it goes out of range.

I'd do it with an ADC. Set up a voltage divider with potentiometers and resistors, connect it to an ADC, and then let it run. You'll have to find out what the maximum impedance is for the ADC, and if the AC line goes below ground, come up with some kind of protection for that.... like a 1n4001 diode.

But I'm not familiar with pics so I can't offer anything more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back