Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

here we go again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstechca

Now here is my big question:

#1. How do I get 104.5Mhz?
#2. How do I get 144.950Mhz?

here is the circuit I am manipulating with:

**broken link removed**

and just by playing with the inductor and capacitor in the tank circuit doesn't do the trick, or I wouldn't be asking for help numerous time about this.

Sometimes, modifying the 0.47 capacitor (beside the 12K resistor) changes frequency, and sometimes bandwidth of each frequency.

It seems that the capacitor between emitter and collector changes bandwidth as well as gain.

I'm wondering if there are colpitts oscillators and extra filters that I'm blanking out on.

mstechca said:
just by playing with the inductor and capacitor in the tank circuit doesn't do the trick
Decrease the inductance and capacitance of the tank and the wiring on the pcb and a few other things and the frequency goes up.

Sometimes, modifying the 0.47 capacitor (beside the 12K resistor) changes frequency, and sometimes bandwidth of each frequency.
They just modify the way the RF oscillator squegs, or turns on and off at an ultra-sonic rate. They shouldn't affect the RF frequency, except the 0.47uF cap also has inductance.

It seems that the capacitor between emitter and collector changes bandwidth as well as gain.
Of course it affects the RF oscillator, it is part of the oscillator.
Changing the battery's voltage does the same thing because it changes the transistor's capacitance.

I'm wondering if there are colpitts oscillators and extra filters that I'm blanking out on.
The RF oscillator is a colpitts. The extra filters are the stray inductance and capacitance of your breadboard or pcb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back