Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with MPSA

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would do much better starting a new thread in the Circuit Simulation & PCB Design forum section.

Ron

Those are just NPN in TO-92 cases. With the flat facing you, the pin order from left to right is EBC. You can use any other transistor with the same case and pin order, such as a 2N3904. That transistor is in the transistor, small-signal library. Then just use the value button to change the name to MPSAxx. You will get a message that it has no definable value. Just ignore that and proceed. If you are going to be using it frequently, then you may want to add it to your personal library.

If you come across variations, keeping hunting until you find one that is right for you. I keep both generic EBC and CBE TO-92's in my personal library.

John

Last edited:
Thank you!!
I have tried renaming BC337 from the transistors npn library with MPSA42 will that work?
Also MPSA92 is a PNP transistor so wich transistor can I rename ?

Oops, sorry about that. I was sleepy eyed when I looked up the MPSA92. In any event, the principle stands.

The BC337 has the wrong pin order. Try this site to look up the pin orders and datasheets: https://www.alldatasheet.com/view.jsp?Searchword

Have to run out for a few hours. Try the PNP 2N3906...I just don't have time to check it right now.

John

Last edited:
Thank you!!
I have tried renaming BC337 from the transistors npn library with MPSA42 will that work?
Also MPSA92 is a PNP transistor so wich transistor can I rename ?

hi,
You may find these images helpful.

Attachments

• 4-03.gif
    4-03.gif
    22 KB · Views: 532
  • pinouts.png
    pinouts.png
    320.7 KB · Views: 561
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads