Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed to wire a dremel setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidthorazine

I have an old battery operated dremel that I have cut down to just the motor casing,the low/hi speed switch and everything else has been cut away. I have 2 lithium ion (4.4volt each) that I would like to run the dremel with. My issue is I would like to set it up so that I can run the dremel at 2 different speeds using the batteries in parallel (4.4volt) for the slow speed and in series (8.8volt) to run at hi speed. First I do not know what kind of switch I would need to use that can switch between the two wirings and I do not know how I would wire the switch to the batteries to accomplise this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Using a DPDT switch (or relay, if you like), the schematic below will work:

View attachment 60864

The current switch position is for series operation.

You'll still need the ON/OFF switch that I assume is already part of the Dremel setup.

(And yes, I know, that's a relay image - couldn't find the DPDT switch compenent...).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back