Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me , on placing component in routing PCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonbinbk

I use OrCAD layout to draw PCB. But you know, placing components on the board is very difficult. My board have 20 jumpers on the top layer. Hic, and it is big board. hu hu!
Please tell me how to placing components on the board !

wonbinbk said:
I use OrCAD layout to draw PCB. But you know, placing components on the board is very difficult. My board have 20 jumpers on the top layer. Hic, and it is big board. hu hu!
Please tell me how to placing components on the board !

You got hiccups? you need water ;-) Just make sure you dont feed your circuits water, as they might fry on you.

ok, now for the real answer:

I use Ivex's winboard to make my PCB layouts. In it are shapes of the components (just an outline) as well as drill holes If Orcad has the same, then bunch your components as close together as possible. You will save alot of space. and just make sure unwanted leads dont touch each other.

I believe ORCAD 9.2 has autoplacement utility as well. Try to benefit from it. Though it neer gives the perfect solution, it simplifies enough for u to get a pretty good idea about where the components should go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back