Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help identifying capacitor (image inc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

panvulcon

Hi, I’m attempting to repair my faulty Xbox One X and have located the faulty capacitor; however I would really appreciate some help identifying it / whereabouts I can purchase one from online in the UK.

Any help greatly appreciated.

3DE7C6D4-D3C9-4578-BB8D-48E9FFA8DA43.jpeg

Thanks,

Andy

... thanks, I managed to knock it off somehow whilst repairing a faulty hdmi Retimer ic. I’ll check out the supplier you posted.
Thanks,

... thanks, I managed to knock it off somehow whilst repairing a faulty hdmi Retimer ic. I’ll check out the supplier you posted.
Thanks,

Is the capacitor damaged? (have the solder pads been ripped off?), if not just solder it back on. Or, even worse, has it ripped the tracks off the board?.

The tracks on the motherboard are still in place but the metal rods have pulled away from the body, so I’m assuming it’s dead!

I have responses from two parts suppliers now but neither are able to help without more information - I had wrongfully thought the codes contained all the information.

...is the colour of the capacitor significant?

The blue color is a polarity mark. Size wise it's a 150 uF Electrolytic. 6.3 indicates the voltage. As C and V increase so does the physical size.

You cant put all of the info on the cap. Foot print matters.

Temperature ratings - it won't hurt to make it higher.

Tolerances are usually all over the map like +80% -20% and that's OK for power supply filters.

Switching power supplies needs caps that can survive a high ripple frequency.

The tracks on the motherboard are still in place but the metal rods have pulled away from the body, so I’m assuming it’s dead!

I have responses from two parts suppliers now but neither are able to help without more information - I had wrongfully thought the codes contained all the information.

What's wrong with the RS page I sent you?.

You have to do some work: here's the nicicon datasheet https://docs.rs-online.com/f3a9/0900766b80fa3a90.pdf
nicicon is a good cap.

Ignore the ones with large quantity minimums.

So, take a pic of the bottom with a ruler or something you know in the same direction and use proportions to find the dimensions. The ruler is your calibration. e.g 1 cm on your screen is 3mm. You can look up coin dimensions and use that as a reference.

Find one that fits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back