Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Got DS18S20 PICC code to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oznog

Got my PICC code for the 1-wire interface on my DS18S20 digital temp sensor to work with my PICC C-code!

Boy interrupts totally screw up the protocol. I had so much trouble I had to flat out disable interrupts during the critical low periods. I also should have noticed the flowchart showing you must do a ROM command (SkipRom works) between Init and Convert command.

Just wanted to share the accomplishment...

congrats!

At first I thought the 18b20 was slick as sh*t but then it's near 1 second conversion time really puts a damper on things in a program with lots of other tasks competeing for processor time

-----

now, if you figure out how to read the DS2405 addressable switch without affecting its state, or talk to the DS2406 switch at all, let me know! It would be nice if Dallas made the 2405 and 2406 similar in command structure to the DS2408 which is easy as pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back