Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Forum Date format?

What date format do you prefer?

• Day-Month-Year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Month-Day-Year

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay.slovak

Somebody has mentioned that the Date format has changed. It used to be day/month/year, but it is month/day/year. What do you guys think we should use?

I think we need to establish an international standard on the matter, here in the UK we use Day-Month-Year, but in the US it's Month-Day-Year. In my opinion both are wrong it should be Year-Month-Day, the larger units should be on the left - the same as any other measureing system.

D/M/Yall the way. but actually i hardly use the date thingy.

bloody-orc said:
D/M/Yall the way. but actually i hardly use the date thingy.
Well, for example look at the top of this page, near the Poll Graph, you will see: "This poll will close on 05-18-2006 at 05:50 PM". If the day would be less than 12, you wouldn't be able to make it out.

well i would see on both dates and if it's closed i say: "oh, ok.", but when not, I say "Oh, okidoki".

(if you cant get the idea, i ment i dont care when the poll ends or anything like this;) but then again, this is just my humble opinion).

Which is right, so I suppose that settles the matter this is an international forum so let's use the international (and right) date format.

The military convention
4 May 2006
avoids all ambiguity

Sounds good to me.

Says who???

YYYY-MM-DD might be good for sorting... But there is no international date notation... Each country prefers it's own and have got used to their...

In India it is DD.MM.YYYY

I personally liked the custom date format specified by phpBB...

Saturday, 6th May, 2006 13:31

actually a moderator of this forum has given us the power to decide which format we want using a poll. lets wait until we get the final results of the poll and then we will decide what to do. if there are more votes for "other" then we can decide whether to use the international format or the millitary convention. but until now "Day-Month-Year" has got the most votes.

just my two cents

lord loh. said:
Says who???

YYYY-MM-DD might be good for sorting... But there is no international date notation... Each country prefers it's own and have got used to their...

In India it is DD.MM.YYYY

I presume that's probably a consequence of the British influence during the Empire days?, as it's the same format used in the UK.

Mind you, at least India can run their trains on time :)

Actually I beleive that you can install a "user date preference hack" to vBulletin and let each user decide for themselves what format they prefer. Then you can set a default format for visitors.

I think this would be the best way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back