Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

For all the toner-transfer PCB makers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

evandude

I have just found a new friend.

**broken link removed**

I got it at Target for $16.99, it has 20 heat settings, and when i put it on the hottest setting, it did a perfect toner transfer using the Staples Picture Paper. I have tried straightening irons before, but they weren't hot enough... this one is. The reasons I prefer it to traditional irons are:

A) it isn't so hard to keep it flat on a small board
B) it's more compact
C) it doesn't have little vent holes like an iron so the whole surface is usable.

Question ::in the toner transfer method , with laser printer..are you supposed to fuse the toner to the paper ? or run your laser prtr. without the fuser on ??

yes, you fuse the toner to the paper... otherwise it would just brush off. you just print as you normally would for any other document.

the premise of toner transfer is that the clay coating on photo paper can be removed from the paper by soaking it in water. So you iron the pattern to your board, and then the toner is fused to both paper and board... then you soak and the paper peels off... usually with the help of a little scrubbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back