Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

favicon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styx

to whom maintains the actual website any chance of getting a FAVICON codded in

I am only asking because this website seems very strange as in, in firefox it is hyjacking random FAVICONS for the bookmark.

At the moment it has the same FAVICON as the BBC icon.

Last month it was the GENTOO website FAVICON and before that it was the [H]ardforum icon

I dunno what was missed in the HTTP code, but no other website that I have bookmarks for (that do not have a favicon) do that,

I have the same problem! I am running FireFox 1.06 on XP SP2 and currently I have Google logo for Electro-tech Bookmark. Anybody has the same problem?

How about using a 'proper' browser? :lol:

I've never heard of 'FAVICON', presumably it's something that Firefox implements that doesn't comform to normal HTML pages?.

FAVICON is that small icon that is displayed in your bookmarks (aka IE Favorites). It is a standard HTML feature!

I think IE is the worst Browser available, so I chose FF (FireFox), why don't you give it a try? I love it's Adblock feature that is blocking *all* Ads..

Nigel Goodwin said:
How about using a 'proper' browser? :lol:

I've never heard of 'FAVICON', presumably it's something that Firefox implements that doesn't comform to normal HTML pages?.

I prefer security, dont know abt u.

Actually IE supports FAVICONS (they were the ones to push for it).
However, they do not show it in bookmarks, they will show it in the address bar if you goto a site that supports it

www.gentoo.org
www.hardforums.com
www.bbc.co.uk

and you will see what I mean

or...

Its not much to add, it is just one line of HTML code near teh beginning of a page

Code:
<link type="image/x-icon" href="http://packages.gentoo.org/favicon.ico" rel="shortcut icon">

and also a *.ico file on the server (a 16x16 standard windows ICON file) that you want displayed

Attachments

• bookmarks.jpg
    bookmarks.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,702
Same hapends to me but only 2 icods ware "copyed".Electrotech has the same one as Electronics-Lab and Slo-FileSharing has the same as FileIndex.

This hapends only on websites whith no icon.

Firefox 1.0.4

um, yes, well

I posted the piccy and then realised it had my links..

Funny thing is, this seems to be a Windows-FF problem
I am in linux and the only icon this forum has is the default and it doesnt hijack any others.

I have this with problem with one other forum, the thing in common is the use of php for the forum management

I think this is good becose the websites whith no icon hijacked the icon that is sutable for that site.

my bookmarks either have a blank page, or their proper icon ... I've never noticed incorrect favicons in the actual bookmarks list, ff-win 1.5.0.1

however, I do have an explorer address toolbar as part of my taskbar, and it occasionally goes and gives sites random favicons ... not just from other websites, but from windows apps too... for a while, all my history items showed up with the HL2 icon.

for this site, I just see the blank sheet of paper with a dog eared corner.

My electro-tech is the default page also. I've never seen an error in my favicons and I'm running XP Pro w/o any service packs...oh well. :lol:

not bad.

I use Opera 8.54, and all favicons are displayed properly.

I see a diode in a white box, and underneath, a 71 (or backwards F and 1)
It's so small, I can't make the letters out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back