Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Expiriences with rfPIC12F675?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOEZE

Has anybody here expirimented with the new rfPIC's like the rf12F675 and what are your findings. I'd like to use them in a telemetry application in which the pic part should determine if the condictions are right to transmit data. I'm building a datalogger for use in my model submarine and the frequency of most telemetry transmitters (433mhz) means that penetration in water is at best a few cm. By connecting a watersensor to one of the ports I can detect that the sub is above water, esteblish a connection with the base station and put the datalogger in transmit mode.

I'm especially interested in range, antenna design and general application.

Oh and yes, these are available for samples including matching reciever units.

EJK

sounds like fun, I'm working on similar stuff too, and would like to know more as well...

KOEZE said:
Has anybody here expirimented with the new rfPIC's like the rf12F675 and what are your findings. I'd like to use them in a telemetry application in which the pic part should determine if the condictions are right to transmit data. I'm building a datalogger for use in my model submarine and the frequency of most telemetry transmitters (433mhz) means that penetration in water is at best a few cm. By connecting a watersensor to one of the ports I can detect that the sub is above water, esteblish a connection with the base station and put the datalogger in transmit mode.

I can't help, but man does that sound like a neat project. Hopefully someone experienced in RF with PICs will chime in.

KOEZE said:
Oh and yes, these are available for samples including matching reciever units.

Microchip rocks. 8)

Its way easyer to get serial radio transmiter/reciver modules.Since you simply give it power and just drive in the seiral data.

rfPICs need a lot of componets around it to get its radio feture to work.

And yea microchip is realy nice wen it comes to samples.I think you can order 4 difrent ICs and max. 5 of each.You can place 2 orders a month.So you can get a total of 40 componets a month from them! (And please dont order too much since tey might find out and close the servise for your country.)

its nice to use those modules for smaller projects and I really appreciate them, but sometimes one needs more control, so I would love it if this thread erupted...
btw thanks to those people who gave me the links to linx, very nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back