Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EXOSKELETON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone as my exams come nearly to an end I thought of a cool project.One of my friends hampster got injured in one of it's legs a walks in a fumbling manner so I thought of making a small exoskeleton to aid that poor creature and if we succeed we may give it an upgrade to probably give it super hampster ability.Currently I am working on designs,will post blueprints later.
Some abilities i thought of:
1)magnetically propelled exoskeleton limbs
2)a powercharge capacitor circuit for strength bursts
3)hydro ion thrusters for effective swimming
4)bodysuit made of D30 gel for protection
Any more ideas are welcome but currently having problems about power source:( and need someone who knows robotics programming and someone who has some knowledge about cybernetics.:D
(the project is experimental and not intended to harm any creature and I think this is a great idea)NOTE:remember we need to make the suit as light as possible no unnecessary additions,only innovative ones

NO JOKES PLEASE here's the first part

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 290
:confused: I don't see how this is going to work. Unless you can give the hamster total control of the electro-mechanisms they could exert forces contrary to the animal's wishes and could cause further injury.

NO JOKES PLEASE here's the first part
That picture is priceless. Thanks

EDIT: sorry I can't stop looking. Did you guys see it? This is epic!

untitled.png

Are hamsters noted for their swimming prowess?
no, but neither are humans noted for their flying prowess. That is, until they're outfitted with arc reactors and guided missile technology. I think the bionic hamster would swim like a torpedo, with the grace of an olympic figure skater.

Not to be rude, but this whole thread seems like a joke to me....?
but why does this seem like a joke I am just trying help that hamster I don't want to make super hamster or something like that I said it before this is just experimental and not to hurt it,I need to sync the bionic arm with it's neural systems for which I need a pro's help,please help me.

Last edited:
problem is all that technology mentioned is still new, and therefor expensive,

on the eeg side alone we are just starting to be able to do "mind game controllers" but it is still new and not at all ready for prosthetic, or doctors would use them more

I need to sync the bionic arm with it's neural systems for which I need a pro's help,please help me.
You would need the help of a veterinary surgeon capable of doing nano-scale brain surgery, and with a thorough knowledge of hamster neural waveforms. Good luck with finding one, but I doubt you'll find one here on a hobbyist electronics forum ;).

Hamsters are like like toasters and gold fish. If it breaks, just buy a new one.

TM117, It's admirable you wish to help the hamster and for the moment I'm going to assume you're serious. I'm just not convinced it's reasonably possible, but...

Could you provide a more explicit description(s) and degree of the injuries, i.e., what bones/muscles involved, etc.? Can the hamster be expected to heal?

Perhaps something as simple as a removable splint would give you a starting point and some experience with its construction as well as the hamster's response to your efforts. I do think you should forego the
...hydro ion thrusters for effective swimming
at least until V2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back