Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ESP8266 and TEA5767 Ticking noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmulvey

I am controlling the FM receiver TEA5767 with an ESP8266 running Micropython. I am getting a ticking noise at about 2Hz. Tried two different ESP8266s and TEA5767s but the same result. Powered the circuit with a battery some distance from the laptop and monitor in case it was RFI, same result. Haven't tried it on the Arduino yet. Anyone else get this?

Assuming you're using I2C mode, can you write everything to the chip and then hold the esp in reset to establish if the esp is causing the problem?

Mike.

The ESP8266 is a single core chip.so it needs to toggle back to check wifi then do work then check wifi. You can, try an esp32 to see if the same thing happens. Nearly the same code.

Holding the ESP in reset stops the ticking. I must try the Arduino or maybe try the ESP with WiFi switched off. Must also try the ESP32 as well. Thanks guys for all of your help.

I turned off the WiFi with the line:
ap_if.active(False)

Ticking is greatly reduced in volume, must try the ESP32 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back