Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

elastomers and lcds

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyb0rg777

I took apart a broken motorola 120t cell phone and got out the lcd .
I found a rubber strip on the back making contact with pads on the circuit board.
I can't think of a way to attach wires or make any connection without making a pcb.
Does anyone have any other way of dealing with this?
Has anyone had any success with these lcds?
Do they run on 3.3v?
It would be awesome to get one into an empty drive bay on my pc,or in another project.
Thanks.

cyb0rg777 said:
I took apart a broken motorola 120t cell phone and got out the lcd .
I found a rubber strip on the back making contact with pads on the circuit board.
I can't think of a way to attach wires or make any connection without making a pcb.
Does anyone have any other way of dealing with this?
Has anyone had any success with these lcds?
Do they run on 3.3v?
It would be awesome to get one into an empty drive bay on my pc,or in another project.
Thanks.

It's just a bare LCD, you need to provide all the driver circuitry for it, and (as you say) the connections to them are pretty well impossible to use - even trying to reassemble them is fraught with problems!.

As for voltages, LCD's run on AC, you MUST use an AC drive signal to them.

Yeah you need to just buy an LCD module. Many have wanted to recycle old LCDs. It is plain impractical to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back