Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Editing Posts, odd text effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

harold777

Been using this Forum a few days and notice that when I EDIT my post where the cursor is the text is sometimes repeated. It's usually only a couple of words but I dare not leave it reading incorrectly. . . . but this effect can be repeated in the same post, when tidying up typos, etc.

For example, the well-known phrase reads like this:
"The quick brown fox jumps fox jumps over the lazy dog".

Am I using the EDIT facility incorrectly? I don't see this when writing test in a wordprocessor, for example.... any ideas?

I have been getting this same issue and other problems for some time now whenever I run the spell check or clean up a post as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

For example this is how I wrote it first.

I have been geting this same issu and other problems for some time now wehnever I run the spell check or cleanup a post as well.

This is what spell check did to it.

I have been getting this sissueissu and other problems for some time wheneverever I run the spell check or cleanup a post as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I also mentioned this a while back but it never got much attention then either. https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/spell-check-is-scrambling-things.126383/

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Ah good, then it's not something I'm doing incorrectly (well so it seems).
However, I am not activly using the spellchecker..... indeed I've not found how one is engaged . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back