Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle HelP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elecman2000

i made a copmlicated schematic with Eagle 5.6,, and when tring to make lay out ,, it never comleted 100% ... always less than 95% !!! what should i do ??? I try to draw the lay out my self but it is just too complicated ,,, a little help please ???

i made a copmlicated schematic with Eagle 5.6,, and when tring to make lay out ,, it never comleted 100% ... always less than 95% !!! what should i do ??? I try to draw the lay out my self but it is just too complicated ,,, a little help please ???

Eagle is not some MAGIC as such my friend to always give you 100% auto route. Whenever we design PCBs it sometimes completes less than 80%. At such times you are either supposed to place tracks manually or the last option is to use jumpers.

The Eagle autorouter works grid oriented.

Using a grid size of 1/20" (1.27mm) won't suffice if the components are placed closely to each other. It is not only a matter of grid size but also a matter of trace width.

Check the air wires left over after routing has finished. If there are lots of crossovers you should get rid of crossings.

Using a different location for a part or turning it 90 or 180 degrees routing might be successful.

To get a nice looking layout rip up trace after trace and reroute manually. Eagle produces lots of "odd" angles from solder pads to the trace.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back