Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

eagle and bRestrict

Status
Not open for further replies.

justDIY

what is the 'recommended' method for keeping a ground plane / supply plane (drawn with the polygon command) out of certain areas, like the little 'nubs' it likes to creep in toward IC pins and such...

I've been using bRestrict and the rectangle command, however, when I run a DRC, it complains about traces or pads being in the restricted area ... I don't want to exclude pads or traces, just the plane

justDIY said:
thanks for the response.

that solved one problem, but created another

now it complains when I have a trace running between pins.

is there any way to have my cake, and eat it too?

If you adjust the width of the drawing/ filling wire in the polygon mode together with the clearance distance, you can tweak the combination to a proper result. This is dependant of the resolution you want and need for your layout.

TOK ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back