Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dual 9v Battery Programmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kentken

How well do the programmers that use two 9v batteries work?
What are some of the problems?
How long do the batteries last?

What are some of the most popular designs?

Thanks
Kent

kentken said:
How well do the programmers that use two 9v batteries work?
What are some of the problems?
How long do the batteries last?

What are some of the most popular designs?

Pretty well any of the David Tait style parallel port programmers work perfectly from two 9V batteries - I've run various ones for years from two Duracell MN1604's. The P16PRO40 works fine like that.

There are no problems whatsoever, it's a far cleaner supply than a wallwart - one of my most common answers to support queries is to try two 9V batteries and see if it works then!.

The batteries last for ages - PROVIDING YOU ONLY CONNECT THEM WHEN USING THEM - if you leave them connected permanently they go flat in a few days.

I think the LED's in the programmer need more current then the programming itself, include an option to disable the leds and you'll do months with one set of batteries...

I've built a PicPro style, and it works great.
I think without leds, or through switch. And a power switch, for when not in use.

Basic layout for battery mounts? Spacing etc.

Thanks
Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back