Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Converters

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenmist

I'm a TV cable customer who has been forced to use a Digital Adapter to watch TV. I don't mind that, but now I can no longer record and play VHS tapes on my analog VCR. Of course, I can always purchase the DVR system that the cable company will provide for an increase in my cable bill. I have an idea I would like some help with, is this a valid topic for this group?
kenmist

Perhaps you haven't noticed?, but VCR is LONG since dead :D

However, you can still play back tapes perfectly well, and you could happily record the analogue output from your digital box as well (via AV leads).

Thanks, I appreciated your reply & suggestion.
I have also noticed that there are some people who are now going back to the outside antenna to watch free over the air TV. Maybe we just don't like being told that we can no longer watch for free and that if we want to be able to watch 200 programs and "streaming video" we have to fork over $100/month. Maybe I'm just nostalgic and miss seeing all those houses with antennas (instead of dishes) on the roof.
I haven't gone that far yet, but if I can use my "old" VCR/DVD players rather than put them in the recycle bin, then I'm going to give it a shot.
kenmist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back