Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crystal codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtheterrible

anybody know of a website or can you tell me how to find out what the codes on crystals mean? I have a coupel crystals on an old VCR and want to use one but don't know what the values are.

I tried searching google and came up with all sorts of wild things that have to do with "shining lasers on crystals to create positive energy". They wanted a couple thousand $$ for big rocks :lol:

Zak

Usually just the frequency and a manufacturers ident.

Can you tell us one of these codes?

JimB

oh, ok. I looked at one of them and there was a couple numbers and letters so i figured it was a code. ill look @ it again if i cant figure it out ill ask

thanx :lol:

There's usually a number that is the frequency in MHz sometimes followed by a hyphen and a number which indicates the load capacitance in pF. There is no standardized code that I know of so its best to go to the manufactures web site and look it up (if the manufacturers name is on the crystal).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back