Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

comparision of ic"s

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaikanth

:)
I have two ic's that are same type but different manufacturing.
I want to compare these two ic"s.
In datasheets,what are all the parameters that i have to compare for swaping the ic"s?

I'm very much thankfull if anybody gives the reply.
Thank u
8)

It is extremely rare that two ICs with exactly the same type number (other than the initial letters indicating the manufacturer) will not both operate exactly the same and be "swappable" with no problem. In other words, a 74LS76 from Texas Instruments, National Semiconductor or Panasonic should all be perfectly compatible.

Dean

comparision of two ic's....

I'm having IC's ..,MM74HC4060-Fair child manufacturing and HEF4060BT-Philips manufacturing.I want to use philips instead of fairchild.
For this i have to compare these two IC's.
What are the parameters shall i compare?
example: propagation delay,operating voltage,,,etc...
note: i'm having datasheets of these two.
pls help me. :cry:

Re: comparision of two ic's....

jaikanth said:
I'm having IC's ..,MM74HC4060-Fair child manufacturing and HEF4060BT-Philips manufacturing.I want to use philips instead of fairchild.
For this i have to compare these two IC's.
What are the parameters shall i compare?
example: propagation delay,operating voltage,,,etc...
note: i'm having datasheets of these two.
pls help me. :cry:

You need to compare the chips to the requirements of your circuit, NOT to each other!.

If you are using the chips in the correct way, as they are the same number, they 'should' be completely interchangable.

Best idea is to get some samples and try them!.

You try to compare two different family: HC to HEF. As You can see in the datasheets, the operating voltage different: HC only 6V max., HEF 15V max., so with 5V supply will work both perfect.
As Nigel mentioned, You must choose the correct type for the application.

I've been had by this one before. The chip in question was a monostable, it was either a 74ls121 or 122. Everyone else's chip worked fine, PHILIPS didn't. Further investigation into data sheets proved the PHILIPS design totally different, with a completely different equation for time constant.
So BEWARE OF PHILIPS.
As Nigel says, get some and try them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back