Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit Simulators

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary350

Are there any online circuit simulators that a person can play online with out downloading it?

My son has put 2 of the best anti spyware and malware programs on my computer but every time I download something it takes me all day to remove all the spyware and malware stuff. I have decided I am just not going to take the chance and never download anything else. I think the free downloads are really free spyware and malware instead.

Is there any safe way to download a program and know your getting what it claims to be?

There may be, but I would download LtSpice from the Linear Technology web site.
I think they make it free because the put all their parts in the parts library, so people will buy their parts. No ads, no nothing. :banghead:

LTspice is one of the best free Spice simulators, which I use, but if you just want to play with an online simulator you might try Circuit Lab.

I also like LtSpice and I like the fact that non Linear Technologies part models are very easy to add and plentiful. Being retired now I no longer have a large corporation funding expensive nice stuff for my home use. :) LtSpice also has a very good user group on Yahoo with thousands of part models for download. Works for me anyway.

Ron

I'm also a LTS devotee. Still a lot to learn about it, but getting there slowly.

"I think the free downloads are really free spyware and malware instead. "

I've reached a similar conclusion. They also install what I call "nuisance-ware".
Toolbars that clutter the desktop. Changing the default search engine on the "search" box. Opening a new tab, in addition to your home screen whenever one opens a browser.

And yes, I also use LTSpice and like it a lot.

Linear Technology is a large company and they offer LTspice to help sell their products.
They don't want to annoy their customers by downloading spyware or malware with their LTspice so it's a clean download from their website.
Don't however, download it from any secondary site or download service that may offer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back