Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

charging capacitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

windozeuser

What's the best way to charge photo flash capacitors. I need a circuit that will operate from a 9 volt battery, and step the voltage up to about 350 volts.

Thanks.

This meaby.

Its an flyback oscilator.

You can get almsot any volatge by tuning the number of thurns on the secundary.

Attachments

• untitled_431.gif
    untitled_431.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 401
windozeuser said:
hey thanks :) Is Q1 any NPN Transistor?

yes.

since you have to ask that. be vary careful you can get alot of volts this way and you ARE going to blow up the transistor at lest once

You also need to be careful that you do not exceed the max cap voltage. It could potentially break down pretty violently.

For L1 i used 25 thurns and for L2 i used 50 thurns.

The thurns of the secunadry determine the output voltage.

From an 9V batery the transsitor will probobly not overheat.The R1 is heating a lot,so use an big resistor.Or you can use an graphite pencil mine for it.

Yea be careful not to overcharge it.You cod make an cap full detection cirucit.You can shut this cirucit down by disconectiong the R1(The lest curent to be swicthed)

Also this cirucit outputs AC at +20kHz.So stick an didoe on to make it DC for cap charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back