Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Changing banks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorpydo

I'm having a problem getting started with programming. I'm just getting the basics down of assembly.
Code:
	Processor 12F629
	#include "p12f629.inc"

LIST p=12f629
	__config 0x3194

bsf		STATUS, RP0
	movlw	b'00111100'
	movwf	TRISIO
	bcf		STATUS, RP0

And the message I get:
"Message[302] C:\PIC\GENERIC BOARD.ASM 14 : Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct."

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thorpydo said:
"Message[302] C:\PIC\GENERIC BOARD.ASM 14 : Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct."

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

You're doing nothing wrong, it's not an error, just a warning, if you want you can turn it off using the 'Errorlevel' directive, consult the MPASM helpfile, or check my later tutorials where I do this.

Are you sure? I have the "Special Function Registers" window open in MPLAB. TRISIO doesn't change when I simulate the program.

It should work. TRISIO is at adress 0x85, if it doesn't change check to see something else receives the value...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back